The Mighty Angels

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on March 30, 2005 at 13:19:12:

The mighty angels

In this post I wish to comment on the second earthquake in the seabed near Sumatra on 28 March 2005 as well as focus at this point in time on the “mighty angels” of Revelation. Readers should look up the verses mentioned in this post to see how they relate to the total book of Revelation. Readers should also constantly bear in mind that Revelation is an intricate construction of words that all contrubute to its ultimate understanding. It is only with the insight of time measure through history (that was given to me in 1996) and the knowledge that we are near the end time that present happenings can be correlated with the book of Revelation and the words of Jesus Christ.

Two earthquakes.

It is remarkable that two such “great earthquakes” (9.3 and 8.7) should have occurred off the east coast of Sumatra in such a short space of time, 26 December 2004 and 28 March 2005. In Scripture “great earthquake” can mean one great earthquake or a time of constant seismic activity. In the total understanding of Revelation these two earthquakes seem to relate to the symbolism of “double” in Rev 18:6 “Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup she has filled, fill to her double.” The earthquake on 28 March 2005 is not part of a time measure of Revelation for we are now in the time of the “outer court” (Rev 11:2), that cannot be measured. It is the time of the coming to an end of the times of the Gentiles. It is related
to the time measures “1260 days” and “42 months” through its proximity to the “great earthquake” on 26 December 2004. It is therefore, I believe, a sign of the end time.

In the previous post the times of “hour”, “day”, “month” and “year” came together in the measure of “1260 days” and “42 months”. It was seen that the words used by Jesus Christ concerning the coming of the end correlate with the time measures of “1260 days” and “42 months”. Matthew 24:27 “For as the lightning cometh out of the east , and shineth even unto the west; so shall the coming of the Son of man be.” The fact that this insight came as a result of time measurement related to the earthquake and tsunami on 26 December 2004 one has to take the words of Matthew 24:38-39 into account. ”For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” It was only after the tsunami on 26 December 2004 that the times of “1260 days “ and “42 months” could be correlated with events in order to reveal the relationship of what has taken place on earth in the last three and a half years with the words of Revelation.

Note the words “in the days” (Matthew 24:38) that are also used in Revelation 10:7 and are connected to the time of the voice of the seventh angel. “But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound the mystery of God shall be finished.”

The “mighty angels” reveal that Jesus Christ is with his people at this time.

From the words of 2 Thes 1:7 “the Lord Jesus shall be revealed through his mighty angels”, we know that three chapters of Revelation that deal with a “mighty angel” further reveal that time measure in Revelation is revealed and verified through the words of Jesus Christ.

The words “mighty angel” in Revelation.

The words "the mighty angel" are used in Revelation, chapter 10. (This will be discussed in detail.) This angel reveals that the Return will be heralded by time measure in the “little book open” (Rev 10:2) which is the book Revelation in the time 2005. It is also a “strong angel” in Revelation 5:2 that reveals that the words of Jesus Christ “loose” the seals of the scroll. The mighty angels are mentioned in Revelation, chapter 18, which deals with the fall of the great city Babylon. Revelation 18:1-2 “And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven having great power: and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a loud voice” and 18:21 “And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea.”

Revelation, chapter 10

Revelation, chapter 10, opens with the words “And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:”

Come down from heaven

You will recall that in the opening of the sixth seal, time was measured in a period of “five months”. The opening of the sixth seal was also measurement of time in the “sun, moon and stars”. In other words “heaven” was “measured”. In that measure of the sixth seal, Mars on 28 August 2003 would again be at its closest point to the earth in 287 years time (2003 to 2290). This measure of 287 years is also the time of “day” in Revelation.
The words of Jeremiah reveal that “heaven” can also be a symbol of a specific time. Jeremiah 31:37 “If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all they have done.” These words I believe relate to the understanding of Revelation

In How near Armageddon the foundations of the earth were searched out and the colours of the gemstones of the wall of the New Jerusalem were placed on the times of the foundations or ‘generations’ of 72 years in the time measures of “three days and a half “in the second millennium after the birth of Jesus Christ. The time that the “mighty angel” ‘comes down from heaven’ is also the time that it will be accepted that the meaning of Revelation is made known to the world “New Jerusalem coming down from God out of heaven” (Rev 21:2).
Time of the second woe
It should be borne in mind that Revelation 10 is part of the “second woe”. If the time measure of “200 days” is the time from June 2004 to 26 December 2004 (as mentioned in the previous post) then the time of the “second woe” is passed. Therefore in 2005, what is said in Revelation, chapter 10, relates to what has taken place in the very recent past and also the present time.

Clothed with a cloud

The word "clothed" in Revelation conveys the immense power of the Trinity and the communication with the development of the Christian Church on earth. I say this for the word "clothed" was used in relation to the rider on the White horse and the time AD216. Rev 19:13: “clothed with a vesture dipped in blood” and his name is called the Word of God.” It relates to Origen's development of the concept that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are of one substance. The word "clothed" therefore specifically indicates Christianity according to the Creed of Chalcedon. The word “clothed” is also used in "the woman clothed with the sun" (Rev 12:1) which is symbolic of the Word according to the Creed of Chalcedon that would spread to the ends of the earth. Through the repetition of the word ”cloud” the mighty angel comes at the time of Rev 14:14 ”And I looked and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle”. It is the time of the "harvesting of the earth" (Rev 14:14).

Rainbow was upon his head

The image of the rainbow has to do with the promise that the world will not again be destroyed by a flood. We may not see another great tsunami.
Note that the rainbow is on his “head”. Later we shall see in Rev 12:1 “a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars”. Through the word ”head” Revelation links the “twelve stars” which relate to the twelve time measures of Revelation to the “rainbow”. In other words Revelation joins the symbols of time measure over history to the rainbow colours of the gemstones of the New Jerusalem - the linking of heaven to earth.

His face was as it were the sun

This angel is the messenger from the Trinity. Matthew 17:2 “There he (Jesus) was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun.”

The use of the word “face” here has also another meaning. This angel is “come down from heaven” to overcome the influence of the beast in the time of the second woe, that is 2004 and 2005. You will recall Rev 4:7 and “the third beast had the face of a man”. Therefore the mighty angel comes to reveal the destruction of the “face” of the beast as prophesied in Isaiah 25:7 “And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vial that is spread over all nations.”

His feet as pillars of fire.

We know that in the time 2005 we are in the time of the “outer court” (Rev 11:2). It is the time that man can no longer measure. [The ‘outer court’ is the last section of the figurative ‘temple’ of Revelation that has a figurative length and breadth of the two millennia since the birth of Jesus Christ. This ‘temple’ resembles the “New Jerusalem” for it is those persons who died in the time of the last two millennia and were saved through the blood of Jesus Christ in the last two millennia that make up the inhabitants of the coming New Jerusalem. The entrances in the wall of the New Jerusalem make it possible for entrance into the New Jerusalem right up to the time of Judgment.] The ‘outer court’ is the time after the “four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth” (Rev 7:1) are “loosed” (Rev 9:14). This is confirmed by the words of Ezekiel 46:21 “Then he brought me forth into the utter court, and caused me to pass by the four corners”. This is also figuratively the time of “darkness”. Mat 8:12 “But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Mat 22:13 The guest who did not have the wedding garment was thrown into outer darkness. Mat 25:30 The unprofitable servant was cast into outer darkness. These parables show how particularly at this point in time we must be very prepared for the Return. Have your “garment” ready. That means “wash robes”, live morally correct. Be both physically and spiritually prepared for the Return.

You will recall that when the Israelites were in the wilderness there was a pillar of fire to guide them through the darkness of night. God has sent through the understanding of the book Revelation, the understanding of the time measures of Revelation and the symbolism of the “mighty angel” with “his feet as pillars of fire” as guidance to Christians through the time of the “outer court” and the time of symbolic spiritual darkness.

Rev 10:2 “And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,”

the little book

The little book is the book Revelation that is open in the time 2005 and shows that the Trinity has been involved with the development of the Christian Church since the time of the coming of Jesus Christ two thousand years ago. As was shown in the correlation of the times ‘1260 days’ and ‘42 months’ with recent history, the Trinity is involved right up to the present time.

The book of Revelation is opened in the time 1996 to 2005 revealing that God is in this time symbolically sending his mighty angels to make mankind aware of the signs of the end. They are a counter force against the destructive forces of the beast out of the sea and beast out of the earth, that are particularly savage since the time 2001. Rev 12:12 “For he knows that he has but a short time.” The power of the mighty angel to overcome evil is further expressed through the words “and he set his right foot upon the sea and his left foot on the earth.”

Rev 10:3 “And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.” The meaning of “as when a lion roars” relates to the symbol of the lion used by Jeremiah in his “judgement of Babylon”. It is from this prophecy that many of the symbols appear in Revelation, Chapter 18, the Fall of Babylon. Jeremiah 51:37-38. “And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwelling place for dragons….they shall roar together like lions.” Also Jeremiah 50:42 “their voice shall roar like the sea”. With the knowledge of the full meaning of the beast out of the sea (Rev 13:1-10) with “his mouth as the mouth of a lion” (Rev 13:2), "as when a lion roars" means the time 2005 when the world media will show and inform the world (mouth) that the people dictate the rule of the nations (the last phase of the transition of the world from the rule of kings to the rule of men). Therefore if the "mighty angel" roars like a lion, Christians do not have to fear when the masses want to dictate through lawlessness the rule of the nations in the end time. No matter how strong the forces of "darkness" become in the world, Christians can know that their belief is the sure way to everlasting life. The message of Revelation is a comfort to Christians who witness the falling away from Christian values or are being oppressed because of their belief on all the continents of the world.

We can determine the time of the “lion roaring” through the words of Luke 21:25 “And there shall be signs in the sun , and in the moon and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations; the sea and the waves roaring.” From the times “1260 days” and “42 months” this is the time August 2003 (signs in the sun, moon and stars - the opening of the sixth seal) to December 2005 (the time of the waves roaring in the tsunami).

The seven thunders

Rev 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.”

[(For those who have not read How near Armageddon a quick summary of the “seven thunders”.) The “seven thunders” were not written up for they are seven times in history that certain discoveries were made. They would be revealed at the time that the symbolism of Revelation would be made known. These times were revealed to me through the Divine intervention and insight into the book Revelation.I believe that these discoveries were made at certain times to enhance the fact that Almighty God is present in all that has taken place during the past two millennia – every find in secret places. Also that Revelation was written to be understood at the end of the twentieth century.

It is revealed in Scripture that “thunder” is related to an unknown or “secret place”. Psalm 81:7 “Thou calledst in trouble, and I delivered thee; I answered thee in the secret place of thunder. I proved thee at the waters of Meribah.” Meribah is the place where Moses struck the rock for water ( Ex17:7). In other words the times of thunder are times of intervention by the Trinity to help man.

Intervention by the Trinity

The discoveries were Biblical scrolls found in the years: AD216; AD 790; 1896, and 1947. Also the ‘copper scroll’ found in 1952, the stone at the site of the temple in Jerusalem in 1971 and a jar of balsam in 1988. All these ‘years’ would give insight into the twelve time measures of Revelation. As shown in the opening of the first four seals of Revelation the times AD216, AD790, 1896 and 1947 related to the times of the riders of the Apocalypse. The times 1952 and 1988 relate to the time of an ’hour’’. The year 1971 is 33 years before 2004, the year of earthquake on 26 December 2004, the time of the birth of Jesus Christ. The time of “in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound”.]

Rev 10:5-6 “And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven. And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:”

The following reference is important because it is similar to the verse in Revelation and it gives the time measure of “time, times and a half” which is “three and a half”. Daniel 12:7 “And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand up to heaven, and sware by him that liveth forever that it shall be for a time, times and an half, and when he has accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.”

In the one hand the angel held the “little book” which is the book Revelation. and the other hand was lifted to heaven. Again there is the symbolism of linking earth to heaven.

Revelation is revealing that the last time measure is “three and a half”. It should be noted at this point in time that “1260 days” and “42 months” are ‘three and a half years’.

The mighty angel confirms that the times “1260 days” and “42 months” are the last times that we shall be able to measure. The signs of the end will now be seen on world television.

Rev 10:7 “But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he has declared to his servants and prophets”

We can now understand these words for it is possible that the great earthquake in the seabed near the island of Sumatra on 26 December 2004 is the beginning of the sounding of the seventh trumpet. Also the fact that another “great earthquake” happened in the same area on 28 March 2005 may indicate the continuous time of “in the days…when he shall begin to sound”.

The mystery of God

The message of the coming of the Messiah was given to the prophets of the Old Testament. The Messiah would be crucified but the Christian Church would rise within the nations and the message of salvation through Jesus Christ would spread to the ends of the earth. It would take about a thousand years for the rise of the Church through a unity of church and state. In the second millennium this unity would disintegrate through the rise of “man”. This is the symbol used in Revelation of the ever greater focus on that which man can do through his own philosophies and expertise. This stance often in opposition to the Church would be where the ‘beasts’ of Revelation would take hold. The message of salvation through Jesus Christ would be attacked through the evil forces symbolized through the ‘dragon’ and the ‘beast’. Man would be mislead but in this time of deception God would use the rule of men to protect and expand his Church: Rev 17:17 “for God has put it in their hearts to fulfill his will and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. Only with the signs of the end in the present time and the time to come, will the nations realize that it was all part of predestined time allowed by God.

Rev 10:8-9 “And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth. And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.”

Take it and eat it up

These words are the words used in the verses that relate to David who took and ate the “showbread” that was meant only for the priests.

Luke 6:3-4 “And Jesus answering them said, Have you not read as much as this, what David did when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him. How he went into the house of God and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone?”

When it was revealed to me that Revelation can be understood through time measurement in history I discovered that references in Scripture related to that history. Revelation seems to refer to this method of understanding by linking the words “take it and eat it up” to the “little book”, which is the book Revelation. It is a method that may seem contrary to church rules. I say this for there are some that cannot accept that the interpretation of Revelation involves taking words of Scripture out of the time that they were written and applying them to the symbolism of Revelation.

It shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thou mouth sweet as honey

These words can be understood through Scripture, through the words “sweet”, “honey” and “words”. Ps 19:9-10 “The judgements of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and honeycomb.” Also Ps 119:103 “How sweet are thy words unto my taste, yea sweeter than honey to my mouth.” In other words “mouth sweet as honey” relates to the words of Revelation (the little book) and the judgements of the Lord.

Also Proverbs 27:7 “The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.” In relation to the “little book” which is the book Revelation it means that those who believe that they understand all things Revelation is just another book. But to the “hungry soul”, that is those who wish to see in 2005 signs of the existence of a righteous God in a misled material and lawless society “every bitter thing is sweet.” 10And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. 11And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Revelation repeats the words, “ate it up”,. “sweet as honey” and “belly was bitter” for there is more than one meaning. Repetition also indicates the importance of the meaning of these words.

Proverbs 24:13 “My son eat thou honey because it is good and the honeycomb which is sweet to thy taste. So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it then there shall be a reward and thy expectation shall not be cut off.”
and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

These words relate to the following references in Scripture. The references seem to show that many will not accept the insight into Revelation through time measure and Scripture.

Ps 64:3 “Who whet their tongue like a sword and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words.”

Some will think that the interpretation of Revelation are words of a “talebearer”. Proverbs 18:8 and 26:22. “The words of a talebearer are as wounds, they go down to the innermost parts of the belly.” So misled is the world in 2005 by the abilities of man to discover and to understand the universe, which according to the interpretation of the “beast out of the earth” in Revelation was predestined to be given to man in the past seven centuries, that to many insight into Revelation is just another story. Only to the “hungry soul” are the words of the scroll “sweet”.

Deuteronomy 32:32 “For their vine is the vine of Sodom, and of the fields of Gomorrah: their grapes are the grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter.”

To be continued

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]