Re: Euphrates River

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on December 03, 2009 at 09:01:11:

In Reply to: Re: Euphrates River posted by luis on December 01, 2009 at 14:35:56:

I have tried to show on this website that the symbolism of Revelation can be understood when it is linked to a specific time span. This time span starts at the time of the coming of Jesus Christ to earth and ends in the beginning of the twenty-first century. The final time is revealed through “signs” that are indicated in Revelation.

It is therefore remarkable that the southern marshes of the Euphrates dried up at the end of the last century considering they were fertile for 5000 years. These marshes have subsequently been again supplied with water, but the fact remains that they dried up at a time that I believe was indicated to me as near the end time.

I do believe that the drying up of the Euphrates is a sign of the end. The southern marshes dried at the end of the last century. I also believe that we are near the end time as I have indicated signs of the end linked to Revelation on this website. Is it going to dry up again? Possibly this is going to happen again for Revelation says that it is going to be a very important sign – Rev 16:12 “that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared”. Remember the three kings from the east with the birth of Jesus Christ. In other words the drying of the Euphrates is a sign that the “king” is coming. The words of the three kings of the east in Matthew 2:2 “Where is he that is born king of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him”.

I believe that the drying of the Euphrates at the end of the last century was a sign of the end. If it dries again we are nearer the end time and it may have a greater impact on the realization of mankind that the Return is at hand. I do not see the drying of the Euphrates as the “end” which seems terrible and depressing. I see it as a sign of the Return of Jesus Christ to save His people and the start of a new life. It is the amazing fulfillment of prophecy and the promise of God that we are on this earth for a purpose. The purpose being to know His will and to understand that we are not here to perish, but to live and prepare for a greater understanding of the great universe - that which we can now partially understand and what we now cannot see but will ultimately fully understand.

Figurative meaning of “water”

The word “water” of the Euphrates drying up also holds the figurative meaning of the “living” water (John 4:10) that dries up in the end time. The “living water” is the faith of mankind that assures man that he will inherit everlasting life after death. In the end time this faith that assures man that he will not perish will be undermined in man by the forces of evil, symbolized by the beasts of Revelation and their meaning which has been explained in great detail on this website. This happens in the end time for man has been misled and turns away from the spiritual support of faith and the truths of Scripture. God will until the end always open the door of faith for those that knock (Matthew 7:7).

But Revelation gives the assurance that the living water will not dry up completely for there will still be those faithful of the east that believe that the “king” is coming (“kings of the east”).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]