Re: Signs and Wonders - today?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on June 05, 2010 at 13:49:08:

In Reply to: Signs and Wonders - today? posted by Ben Curran on May 30, 2010 at 11:27:04:

A personal miracle is a great gift, but I do not agree with “the boring truth is most churches plod on like sleepwalkers”. In the humblest of Christian Churches the Holy Spirit continuously works miracles through the word of God and gives hope and guidance and particularly inner peace to persons to cope with everyday life. To the Christian it is sufficient that he knows that there is a God and the Spirit that takes care of him in particular. True Christians are aware of the small and great miracles that occur in their lives. When one walks out of church and your thoughts have been transformed from despondency to new hope and understanding by a sermon or prayer that is a miracle. Many that have been through personal anguish, experienced the disturbing horrors of the unrelenting onslaught of anti-Christ, know the miracle of the often saving text from Scripture that brings hope in the dark times.

Do Mat.13:30 and 39 reveal “That it will be a time of evangelization such as the world has never seen”?

Mat 13:30 “Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, gather ye together first the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.”

Mat 13:39 “The enemy who sowed them (the tares) is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

I think that we are seeing the signs of the end and that the “tares” are going to be harvested as described in Rev 19:20 and 21. The “wheat” will be gathered to God’s barn.

There is the prophecy in Joel 2:28 “I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions”, but will any great miracles as you describe (equivalent to those that Jesus Christ did on earth) be performed in the time to come? According to the words of Christ there is only going to be one “sign” to look out for and that is the ‘sign of Jonah’ as described in Mat 12:39-42. Those who have read my books will know, that I believe the words “queen of the south” that came “from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon” has also a symbolic meaning in the end time. This symbolism relates to the one who will understand the construction of the symbolic “temple” in the prophecy of Revelation.

As father Abraham said to the rich man that wished to warn those on earth of the torment of hell (Luke 16:31) “If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded through one rose from the dead.” Today there are millions of non-believers despite the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The understanding of Revelation has revealed (“the beast out of the earth”) that man’s knowledge would greatly expand in the past two thousand years. This is also said in Daniel 12:4. Accomplishments of man are remarkable, but as revealed in Revelation God has been in control of all of this, to the point that at certain times man would make certain discoveries and develop the ‘wonders’ at specific preordained times. A great gift to mankind, but as Revelation reveals man would be misled by the power of these accomplishments - to the point that he will blaspheme God in the end time.

Christians should seek God in their own lives and in their faith they will experience the power and comfort of the Holy Spirit. The miracles performed by Jesus Christ are testimony to the power of God for all time.

To me the fulfillment of the prophecy of Revelation through what has taken place in the last decade and at the present time is amazing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]