Daniel 12:11-12 and Revelation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on July 30, 2005 at 14:45:06:

Daniel 12:11-12 and Revelation

Because of the words of Rev 22:18-19 “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these words, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book”; we may not add the actual numbers 1290 days and 1335 days that are given in Daniel 12:11-12 to the numbers in Revelation. The reason for this, we now know, is because Revelation is a very accurate time construction that is the framework for the symbolism and understanding of Revelation.

The knowledge that the time of “1260 days” (Rev 11:3) is also the time of the “little season” (Rev 6:11), that was revealed to me this year through the opening of the seventh seal, has cast new light on the understanding of the numbers in Dan12:11-12.

September 2001 to December 2004.

Because the “forty” of the “forty and two” months of Rev 11:2 can also be September 2001 to December 2004 I believe that we cannot measure time beyond February 2005. This is the instruction given in Revelation 11:2 “But the court that is without the temple leave out, and measure it not for it is given unto the Gentiles”.

It was shown in the previous posts that the measure of the “altar” was about the time 2002. This was established through the understanding of certain verses in Revelation. (Readers can refer back to the post on “measure the altar.”) The greatest revelation was the ‘great earthquake’ at Christmas time 2004. This earthquake was one thousand and two hundred days after 11 September 2001. This measure has given greater insight into the understanding of the opening of the fifth, sixth and seventh seals.

The bringing together of all the time measures of Revelation as well as happenings in the last four years there is no doubt in my mind that the verses of Revelation ultimately verify the time that we are living as the time of the sounding of the trumpets, that is, the final times of the opening of the seventh seal. Happenings relating to the measure “five months” (sounding of the sixth trumpet) were linked to signs in the ‘sun, moon and stars’, but most significantly to the words of Jesus Christ (Mat 24:27) through the word” lightning” (Rev 8:5 and 11:19). This was shown in previous posts on this Forum.

Near the end

This does, however, not mean that the times of Daniel 12:11-12, that is 1290 days and 1335 days do not relate to the time after 1996, or the time 11 September 2001 to 22 February 2005. I say this because it was revealed to me that we are near the end time. It was only with the knowledge that the symbolism of the opening of the first four seals of Revelation were linked to specific times in history, and with the knowledge that we are near the end time that I could ultimately understand the symbolism of Revelation. It was said to Daniel in Daniel 12:9 “Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 12:13 “But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shall rest and stand in thy lot at the end of days”.

Because it was made known to me that we are near the end time I showed in the fourth Q&A, in the Q&A section of this web site, in the year 2000, how the times in Daniel could correlate with certain events from the time of the approval (by a small majority) of the Oslo Agreement (Oslo 2 on 5 October, 1995) till 8 December 2002. The time was measured back from 8 December 2002, which was the time that the nations were gathering for the war in Iraq. This correlation was done with the knowledge of what “abomination” means in Revelation.

In the year 2000, I did not know that it would be revealed to me that the time of “1260 days” in Revelation would be 11 September 2001 to 22 February 2005.

Abomination

It is the understanding of “abomination” in Scripture that reveals that the times of Daniel can be applied to “little season” (Rev 6:11 and 20:3) in Revelation. “Abomination” is used in Daniel 12:11 “And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand, two hundred and ninety days”.

Jesus Christ brought the words of Daniel 12:11 "the abomination that maketh desolate” into relation with the very end time.

Matthew 24:15-16 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand), then them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains. "

Mark 13:14 "But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not."

Revelation gives insight into the meaning of “abomination”. The word “abomination “ is used in Revelation in connection with the ‘great whore’. Rev 17:3-4 “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication.”

The “great whore” is symbolic of the former Christian nations and peoples (“woman” of Revelation, chapter 12) that became corrupt through wealth and moral freedoms.

In the spirit into the wilderness

The words “in the spirit” reveal the Christian faith according to the doctrine of the Trinity. In Revelation the spread of the Christian faith is expressed in words from the Old Testament. Through the knowledge of time measure in Revelation the word “wilderness” has a ‘new’ meaning, it relates to the spread of the Christian faith to the ends of the earth in specifically the second millennium after the birth of Jesus Christ. See also Rev 12:14 “And to the woman was given two wings that she might fly into the wilderness”. Revelation uses the word “wilderness”, for in that time the Christian nations were deceived by the beast out of the sea and the beast out of the earth, and they rebelled against the unity of ‘king and priest’ and set in place a rule of men (“scarlet beast”). Symbolically, as the Israelites of the Old Testament, the Christian nations sinned and there was a period of time (the second millennium) that they would journey ‘through the wilderness’ before the time of the ‘New Jerusalem’. The Christian Church was protected by this rule (freedom of faith) in the nations across the seas where the Christian testimony was taken. There the bearers of the testimony of Jesus Christ would come into contact with non-Christian majorities. God allowed this to happen, for a specific length of time (Rev 17:17 “For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled”). It is clearly stated in Rev 1:6 “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father”.

[It should be remembered that it was revealed to me that the opening of the first seal, that is the time of the rider on the white horse, was the time 216. From that time in the first millennium, Revelation reveals that the Trinity put it in place that the rule of the Roman Empire would become tolerant to Christians in the time of the rule of Constantine. In the first millennium that unity of the Christian ‘king and priest’ was maintained, but in the second millennium it would be replaced by a rule of men.]

Many would however be corrupted by freedom and these corruptions are expressed by the words of Rev 17:4. Those who have read How near Armageddon will know that “purple and scarlet” relate to the time of the two ‘generations’ of 72 years from 1788 to 1932, the time of the establishment of world trade. In that time the Christian leadership and rule of the nations departed from the unity of Christian leadership and the Christian faith. This led to spiritual ‘desolation’, which is revealed through the symbol of the “cup”. In the Christian faith the ‘cup’ is the unity of Christ with the Christian Church, and the symbol of the forgiveness of sin through the blood of Jesus Christ. The “cup in her hand full of abominations” reveals the corruption that came with a rule of men that came in the place of the unity of the Christian faith and the anointed Christian king.

Rev 17:5 “and upon her forehead was a name written, “Mystery, Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth”. “Abominations of the earth” relates to the understanding of the beast out of the earth. The “beast out of the earth” has been explained in great detail on this web site.

Therefore with the knowledge of what is revealed in Revelation about the beast out of the sea and the beast out of the earth, the word “abomination” in Revelation means a time when man chose freedom from faith, believed that man could understand creation and no longer needed to turn to God daily for his guidance. He became arrogant and placed his own man made ideologies above those of Scripture.

The words of Luke 16:15 “for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of the Lord" (King James Version), seems to verify this meaning for the time of the beasts of Revelation” is also the time of “man”.

Therefore through this knowledge and understanding of the word “abomination” we can understand why Jesus Christ said in Matthew 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place the abomination that causes desolation spoken of through the prophet Daniel" and Mark 13:14 "the abomination that causes desolation standing where it does not belong", in connection with the last days. When a rule of men that has discarded the beliefs and practices of faith, subject faith to the ideologies of men (“ the daily sacrifice shall be taken away and the abomination that maketh desolate set up” - Dan 11:11 - “abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet stand in the holy place” – Mat 24:15), it is the end of days. Jesus Christ, therefore, predicted that when the ‘rule of men’ reaches Jerusalem it is the time of the end.

Abomination where it does not belong

It must be remembered that the Christian faith, according to the Creed of Chalcedon, spread to the Middle East in the time of the Crusades. This was the start of a corruption with regard to trading wealth that accompanied the spread of the true Christian faith to the ends of the earth, right through the second millennium. The nations of the West now propagate the ‘rule of men’. Is this the meaning of “where it does not belong”? It should also be remembered that the Children of Abram, worship according to the ‘order of Melchizedek’, who was ‘king and priest’, something that the leadership of the West, according to my understanding of Revelation, cast away under the influence of the beast.

Little season

Therefore the fact that Jesus Christ brought “abomination” and also the times of Daniel into relation with the end time, the times of Daniel 1290 days and 1335 days, are relative to the time we are living. I believe that these two times are relative to the words ”little season” (Rev 6:11) meaning a short time. According to my understanding of Revelation the time 11 September 2001 to 22 February 2005 is also the “little season” that is mentioned in the opening of the fifth seal (Rev 6:11). According to Rev 11:2 we must not measure time after about the time 22 February 2005. There is a period of time after that, which we are living at the present time.

I believe that we are seeing much corruption and violence at the present time for evil knows there is but a ‘short time’ (Rev 12:12).

The words of Jesus Christ

The time 11 September 2001 to 22 February 2005 is the time of the “1260 days” (Rev 11:2). The “1260 days” is through the understanding of all the time measures of Revelation also the time of the “little season” of Rev 6:11. In John 16:16, Jesus Christ said the following: ” A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father”. These words relate to the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. The words “little while”, also means a little time, I believe these words also relate to “little season” and the present time.

It seems that we are living a second “short season” at the present time, which we may not measure. In Revelation it is referred to as the “outer court” (Rev 11:2 “But the court that is without the temple leave out, and measure it not for it is given unto the Gentiles”). It is the time that the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Because Daniel 12:11-12 mentions two short periods of time “1290 days” and “1335 days”, these times likely relate to “little season” (Rev 6:11and 20:3).

Dan 12:12 “Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days”. Does “Blessed is he that waiteth” apply to the “outer court”? This will be revealed in the time to come.

New Covenant

With all that has been revealed to me I believe that the numbers of Daniel differ from those of Revelation because they were given under the Old Covenant. Both “1290 days” and “1335 days” relate to a ‘little season’ at the end time, but the two times “1260 days” and “42 months” fall into the measures of the New Jerusalem, that as has been shown in How Near Armageddon and this web site reflect time on earth from the time of the coming of the Christ until the Return, the time of the New Covenant.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]