Can a minute change in the tilt of the earth that has actually very slightly shortened the length of a day affect the flow of the jet stream

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on August 21, 2010 at 15:49:57:

Can a minute change in the tilt of the earth that has actually very slightly shortened the length of a day affect the flow of the jet stream.

The reason why Susanne Baker is asking this question - which is a scientific question and only the experts would be able to answer - is because of what we have observed in the last decade (and what science has told us) in relation to information in Revelation and Scripture. If a slight variation in the tilt in the earth could affect the flow of a jet stream and this could be proved by science it would in a way ‘verify’ that we are seeing the signs of the end and the prophecy of Revelation is being fulfilled. Also it would ‘confirm’ that I was given the insight into Revelation and that we are living the end time.

For those who are not familiar with this website some background information is necessary. It was said by an expert at NASA that the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake of 26 December 2004 that registered 9.0 on the Richter scale very slightly shifted the tilt of the earth and in this way actually shortened the length of a day. Also the 8.8 magnitude quake off the coast of Chile shifted the axis fractionally. Through my knowledge of Revelation I predicted that a great earthquake would happen in 2004 and near to the time of the birth of Christ.
In Matthew 24 Jesus Christ speaks of the signs of the end time. In verse 22 it is said that if the length of a day had not been shortened in the end time no “flesh” would have been saved. “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.” The meaning of Matthew 24:22 can be interpreted in more than one way. Some say that God decided that the Return should be at a certain time, but because he saw that no one was going to ultimately be saved in the end time he would shortened the time before the Return. With our knowledge through science that the length of a day has actually been shorted by the great earthquake in 2004 I am inclined to believe that it relates to an awareness of mankind to the fact that we are living the end time prophesied in Scripture. Because of this awareness some will return to faith in Jesus Christ and also be saved for eternal life. This awareness may actually have to do with what is being discussed in this post because modern man of the twenty-first century looks to believe and prove through facts.

It seems that when scientists speak of “shift in the axis” one has to understand that it has to do with the so-called “figurative axis” of the earth.

The ‘figure axis’ defines not how Earth is tilted, but rather how Earth is balanced says a leading scientist. Earth is not a perfect sphere. Continents and oceans are distributed unevenly around the planet. There's more land in the north, more water in the south, a great ocean in the west, and so on. As a result of these asymmetries, Earth slowly wobbles as it spins. The ‘figure axis’ is Earth's axis of mass balance, and the spin axis wobbles around it.

A shifting figure axis is nothing new. All on its own the figure axis moves about 10 centimeters per year as a result of what took place during the Ice Age, known as "Ice Age rebound." After the last great ice period some 11,000 years ago, many heavy ice sheets disappeared. This unloaded the crust and mantle of the Earth, allowing the planet to relax or "rebound" back into a more spherical shape. The rebounding process is still underway and so the figure axis naturally moves.
On Feb. 27, 2010, the Chilean quake shifted enough material to change the mass balance of our entire planet. The Chilean quake may have moved the figure axis as much in a matter of minutes as it normally moves in a whole year.

By using a global network of GPS receivers, the rotation of Earth can be monitored with high precision. Changes in Earth's spin and the orientation of Earth's axes affect - the phase and timing of - signals we get from the satellites in Earth orbit." In other words with GPS it can be determined if the Earth axis of mass balance has been effected.
In my previous post I mentioned that solar activity and the tilt of the earth were the reasons science gives to the “blocking events” that occur in the flow of the jet stream. The “blocking event” of the jet stream in turn causes the extreme weather that we are seeing at the present time (excessive rain in the Monsoon season and drought in Russia). Therefore if it could be proved that the slight tilt in the axis of the earth caused by the great earthquake in 2004 could have resulted in the “blocking event” of the jet stream (this phenomena is I believe predicted in Revelation as the “holding back “of the four winds of the earth in Rev 7:1-3) in would in a way “prove” that what is predicted in Revelation and Scripture and the end time is actually taking place at the present time.

Because I do not know if the slight change in the tilt of the earth’s axis can scientifically be proved to cause a “blocking event” in the jet stream I shall give you my view on what I think Revelation is conveying through what is taking place at the present time.

I believe that God made known to me as an historian that the understanding of the symbolism of Revelation can be understood at the present time:

(1) through the knowledge of history and

(2) with the knowledge that we are near the time of the Return

Because this knowledge was made known to me I take note of changes that are taking place at the present time in our physical Earth (ice melting in the Arctic and Greenland) and weather patterns in relation to the verses of Revelation that indicate the signs of the end.

Because Revelation has a specific construction (the chapters of Revelation start at a point in history and continue right up to the end time). The verses that indicate the signs of the end that I believe we are seeing at the present time (the “holding patterns” in the jet streams (Rev 7:1-3); great earthquakes (Rev 6:12,11:13 and 16:18), category 5 windstorms (Rev 9:14) and drought stricken regions “famine” Rev 18:8) and we shall see (rising of the sea level Rev 16:20) in nature appear in numerous chapters of Revelation. The interesting thing is that the information given in Revelation seems to substantiate what is taking place on Earth and on our planet within our solar system at the present time.

Therefore, for me the argument that there have been certain changes in the weather patterns in history and therefore what is happening now is not necessarily applicable as signs of the end time no longer holds true. The fact that events that are indicated in the verses of Revelation are all happening at the SAME TIME and at THIS TIME is of consequence.

The important fact for me is that THROUGH OUR KNOWLEDGE OF SCIENCE we can determine to what degree these things are happening. With my knowledge of the understanding of Revelation the words of Daniel 12:4 “”shut up the words and seal the book, even to the time of the end” relates to the same end time in which the seals of the book of Revelation are “loosed” (Rev 5:2). Therefore Dan 12:4 also says “knowledge shall be increased” in relation to the opening of the book Revelation and the time of the end: “many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.”

Now Susanne’s question: Does the consequence of the great earthquake that is the minute change to the balance of the earth’s axis that also caused a slight shortening of the day affect the jet stream – can science determine this accurately at the present time? I don’t know, but what I do know is that science has proved to us that there is a very fine balance to all the forces that govern our planet.

Almost everything about the basic structure of the universe – for example the fundamental laws and parameters of physics and the initial distribution of matter and energy – are finely balanced for life to have occurred on earth. Our universe operates according to exact scientific laws. If the earth were closer to the Sun human life could not survive. If the earth were just 10% farther from the Sun too little heat would be absorbed on earth. Either scenario would have made life on earth impossible.

Of the greatest significance at this point in time is that: THE UNDERSTANDING OF REVELATION and the KNOWLEDGE OF SCIENCE IS INDICATING THAT THE FINE BALANCE OF THE FORCES GOVERNING OUR WEATHER IS BEING AFFECTED. This understanding is verified by the words of Mathew 24:29 “the powers of the heavens shall be shaken”. The word ”shaken” is amazing for it is the knowledge that the consequence of great earthquakes have effected the balance of the axis of Earth and possibly this in turn the flow of the jet stream and consequently extreme weather in the USA, Russia and Pakistan in July –August 2010.

Revelation is saying through the signs of the end time that in the end time the fine balance of the forces of the heavens are being disturbed. Disturbance of the forces, according to science leads to extreme weather. Therefore even if we cannot accurately measure the degree to which the balance of the axis has affected the jet stream, science seems to be linking the signs of the end time. Because God made known to me that we are living the end time and it was predicted in Revelation that these things would happen in the end time Revelation is confirming to unbelieving modern man that there is a Creator and intelligent design in our intricately complex, but finely balanced Universe.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]