Rev 7:1 "Holding the four winds" could also relate to the weakening of the trade winds over the Pacific Ocean during El Nino

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on October 20, 2010 at 16:08:40:

Rev 7:1 “holding the four winds” could also relate to the weakening of the trade winds over the Pacific Ocean during El Nino.

In a previous post I explained how blocking events in the flow of the jet stream could be a cause of the unusual drought in Russia and the heavy rainfall in Pakistan this year. These events I attached to the words of Rev 7:1 “four angels holding the four winds of the earth”. This verse could also include the weakening (holding?) of the trade winds over the Pacific Ocean at the present time.

Between 18 and 20 October 2010 a Category 5 typhoon Megi developed in the Pacific Ocean and made landfall north of Manila in the Philippines; but so accustomed have we become to great typhoons and hurricanes that it is now accepted as something to be expected. It is only when one studies the statistics of great typhoons since the middle of the last century and link these typhoons to the warming of the waters of the Pacific Ocean during El Nino that one takes greater note.

This interesting phenomena at the present time in relation to the words of Rev 7:1 “And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the winds should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree” is the discovery of the weakening of the winds over the Pacific Ocean in years of El Nino.

El Nino is an abnormal warming of surface ocean waters in the eastern tropical Pacific. South American fishermen gave this phenomenon the name El Nino, which is Spanish for "The Christ Child," because it happens around Christmas time.

What happens in an El Nino?
Usually, the wind blows strongly from east to west along the equator in the Pacific. This actually piles up water (about half a meter) in the western part of the Pacific. In the eastern part, deeper water (which is colder than the sun-warmed surface water) gets pulled up from below to replace the water pushed west. So, the normal situation is warm water (about 30 C) in the west, cold (about 22 C) in the east.

In an El Niño, the winds pushing that water around get weaker. As a result, some of the warm water piled up in the west slumps back down to the east, and not as much cold water gets pulled up from below. Both these tend to make the water in the eastern Pacific warmer, which is a characteristic of an El Niño.
The warmer ocean then affects the winds - it makes the winds weaker. So if the winds get weaker, then the ocean gets warmer, which makes the winds get weaker, which makes the ocean get yet warmer and ultimately this is what makes an El Niño grow.

The Walker circulation

It is believed that the trade winds in the Pacific Ocean are weakening as a result of global warming. Using a combination of real-world observations and computer modeling, researchers conclude that a vast loop of circulating wind over the Pacific Ocean, known as the Walker circulation, has weakened by about 3.5 percent since the mid-1800s. The trade winds are the portion of the Walker circulation that blow across the ocean surface.

(The Walker circulation consists of trade winds blowing from east to west across the tropical Pacific Ocean bringing moist surface air to the west. In the western tropical Pacific, the moist air rises and forms clouds. The rising air becomes drier as much of its moisture falls to the surface as rain. Winds a few miles high blow from west to east, moving the now drier air toward South America. The air returns back to the surface in the eastern tropical Pacific, dry and relatively cloud free, completing the circulation loop.)

Near the end

What is significant in relation to what I believe was made known to me in 1996, that is, that we are near the end of the Age or the end time is that the “four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding of the four winds of the earth” do this just before the final time.”

The verse from Revelation that indicates the holding back of the winds is Rev 7:1 and happens before what is said in Rev 7:2 “And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom was given to hurt the earth and the sea. (3) Saying, hurt not the earth,neither the sea, nor the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.”

THESE VERSES ALSO REVEAL THAT THE HOLDING OF THE WIND IS RELATED TO, AND HAPPENS BEFORE THE ‘HURTING’ OF EARTH AND SEA. EL NINO AND CATEGORY 4 AND 5 TYPHOONS ARE ALSO RELATED.

El Nino events have become more frequent.

Over recent years, El Niño events have become more frequent as the global temperature anomalies associated with each El Niño continue to increase.

Since 1950 a comparison of conditions in the Pacific show that 1957 to1959, 1972-3, 1982-3, 1991-2,1997-8 were strong El Nino years. In the twenty-first century: 2002-2003, 2004-2005 and 2006-2007 and July 2009-May 2010 were El Nino times.

It is particularly interesting in relation to Revelation that Category 4 or 5 Typhoons happened DURING THESE STRONG EL NINO YEARS and also during ordinary El Nino years. It is therefore accepted that the two phenomena are related. Category 4 and 5 Typhoons in the Pacific area since 1950 were: Patsy and Mexico during 1959; Ava 1973; Emilia, Gilman and John 1994 (an El Nino year); Guillermo and Linda 1997; Elida, Hernan and Kenna 2002 (an El Nino year); Ioke 2006; Rick 2009 and Celia and Megi 2010. As the El Nino years increased so did the great typhoons

The fact that El Nino years (holding the four winds) have significantly increased in the 1990’s and in the twenty-first century and this phenomena is linked to more category 4 and 5 typhoons (hurting the earth and the sea), together with what was made known to me, I believe this period since1996 is the time or part of the time indicated in Rev 7:1-3. Not only this, it seems that Revelation also links the two happenings TO THE TIME OF WAR. It does this through a repetition of the words “four angels”.

“Four angels”

The words “four angels” are only used in Revelation in the above verses Rev 7:1-3 and in Revelation 9:14-15: “Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. (15) And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour and a day and a month and a year, for to slay the third part of men”. This is extremely important for Revelation is very precise with the repetition of words. The repetition of words “four angels” indicates that the two verses are related - and in this case TO THE SAME TIME. A specific time is also revealed through the words “an hour and a day and a month and a year”. According to my understanding of Revelation these words (“an hour and a day and a month and a year”) also indicate that all the times mentioned in Revelation are coming together at a point in the end time WHEN THE WINDS OF THE EARTH ARE “LOOSED” AND THE TIME OF CONFLICT (“slay”) IN THE MIDDLE EAST (“Euphrates”).

The words “the third part of men” relates to the “third” part of the earth, which is the center of the globe and includes the area of the Middle East.

I believe Revelation confirms this time (1990 – 2010), the time that El Nino has increased; what we now know of El Nino and the weaker trade winds blowing in the Pacific. It confirms the time through a repetition of the words: ”four angels” in Rev 19:14-15. The times of the wars in the Middle East were Desert Storm 1991 and the war in Iraq 2003. The time that the angels were “loosed” was likely the time 2002 -2003 the time of the war in Iraq and the time of more frequent great category 4 and 5 typhoons in the Pacific (Rev 7:2 “hurt the earth and the sea”).

Taking into account all that is being scientifically proven at the present time, the complexity of the reasons for Desert Storm and the war in Iraq, I am absolutely amazed at the accuracy of the words of Revelation and how they reveal the happenings of the twenty-first century, scientific discovery and all that is coming together at a pre-ordained time!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]