Re: Fall of the Great City

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on March 28, 2011 at 15:34:41:

In Reply to: Fall of the Great City posted by curmudgeon on March 28, 2011 at 08:05:49:

I agree that out of the storm clouds over the Great City of Babylon (that is the entire connected global village of the twenty-first century) some flashes of insight are starting to appear.

Rev 6:14 “And heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.” I have been contemplating whether this verse could have bearing on the fact that as a result of the minute shifting of the tilt of the earth after the last three great earthquakes, every mountain and island has been slightly shifted from its former position.

Then follows Rev 6:15-17 “And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

These words I believe relate to the realization by mankind that the book Revelation is coming into fulfillment. (Rev 6:15 describes the transition over almost a millennium from the rule of kings to the rule of man. This one can only know through the understanding of the book Revelation.)

Are we therefore on the brink of the great realization - a realization that can only be brought home to man by great catastrophe ?

If this is the case then what about Rev 16:20 “And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found”?

So amazing have the happenings of the last month (the rebellion in North Africa and the Middle East and the great earthquake) been in relation to my understanding of Revelation that I am at present not looking to history, wise sayings and man’s ingenuity. I do think that man’s ability to absorb wisdom is going to be tested to the utmost in the time to come.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]