The Activity of the Sun Verifies the Time Measures of Revelation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on November 05, 2011 at 15:10:52:

The Activity of the Sun Verifies the Time Measures of Revelation

I believe this post to be of the greatest significance. When I wrote my books I based the time measures of Revelation on what was revealed to me through the Divine Intercession and my knowledge of history. It was only recently that I discovered that the activity of the Sun correlates with the time measures of Revelation in the second half of the second millennium after the coming of the Christ; that is c1000 to 2000 AD.

Diminished activity

In relation to the understanding of Revelation I believe we should take note that the Sun is at the present time showing signs of diminished activity. In 2010 it was reported that the Sun was leaving its fifty to sixty year long grand maximum of activity of the second half of the twentieth century. The Sun was more active in the second half of the twentieth century than in the previous 8000 years.

Eleven year cycle

Through the centuries those who observed the planets and stars took note of the appearance of ‘sunspots’ on the Sun. In the middle of the nineteenth century Heinrich Schwabe reported a periodic change in the number of sunspots. He noticed a regular variation in the sunspots. With further observation through the years a cycle of eleven years was established. Sunspots were found to rise and more slowly fall on a cycle of eleven years.

Greater understanding

Since 1979 more accurate information has been made available through satellite data and it was found that the number of sunspots correlates with the intensity of solar radiation over the eleven years.

As sunspots appear darker than the other areas of the Sun it might be expected that more sunspots would lead to less solar radiation and a decreased solar constant or brightness. However, the surrounding margins of sunspots are actually brighter than the average, and so are hotter. More sunspots therefore increase the Sun’s solar constant (brightness). The variation caused by the sunspot cycle to solar output is relatively small (0.1% of the solar constant).

Revelation

It seems that the variation in the brightness of the Sun is of paramount importance in relation to Revelation.

The time of “three and a half days” in the second millennium

Those who have read my books and studied this website will know that based on insight given to me through the Devine Intercession and the understanding of Revelation I divided the period 4BC to 2004 into seven “days” of 288 years. Each millennium was divided into “three and a half days”. (After 2004 is the ‘short season’, the length of which is only known to God and which we can determine through the ‘signs’ of the end time.) Each “day” was divided into four “generations” of 72 years.

The times of the “days” of the second millennium given in “How Near Armageddon”, the other books and on this website are: 996-1284; 1284-1572; 1572-1860 and the “half” day 1860-2004. Each “day” was divided into 4 generations of 72 years. The third “day” 1572 to 1860 was divided into the following “generations” of 72 years: 1572 – 1644; 1644 -1716; 1716 -1788; 1788 -1860.

Readers must take particular notice of these times for it seems that the length of a “generation” and the “half day” were not only revealed through the information in the verses of Revelation but are also indicated by the activity of the Sun.

In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries there was an approximate period of seventy years that virtually no sunspots were observed on the Sun. This was the time 1645 to 1715 and is known as the Maunder Minimum. This period coincides with the middle and coldest part of a cooling of the earth known as the Little Ice Age. Why is this period of significance in the understanding of Revelation? This time 1645 to 1715 coincides with the “generation” 1644 - 1716.

In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries there was a period of low solar activity from 1790 to 1830. This was known as the Dalton Minimum named after the English meteorologist John Dalton. It lasted from about 1790 to 1830. 1790 was about the time of the beginning of the “generation” 1788 – 1860.

The solar flare of 1859

The British astronomer Richard Carrington reported a solar flare on 1 September 1859 that lasted for five minutes. Eighteen hours after the flare the Kew Observatory in London began recording one of the strongest geomagnetic storms ever seen. It lasted about a week. Unusually bright auroras lit the skies of both hemispheres. Auroras were also seen in the tropics, Havana, Hawaii and Rome. How would this activity of the Sun be significant to the understanding of Revelation?

I think that this exceptional flare has to be taken into account because it happened shortly before the outbreak of the American Civil War (1861), a conflict that I believe is indicated in Revelation by the words of Rev !3:15 “free and bond” (KJV) and “free and slave” (NIV). The time 1860 is very significant in my analysis of Revelation for it is the beginning of the time of the “half” day in the words “three days and a half” in Rev 11:9 and 11:11. That is the “half” day of the second millennium which is the time of 144 years from 1860 to 2004.

So what is happening at the present time?

The most powerful flare observed by satellite instrumentation in the twenty-first century began on 4 November 2003 and saturated instruments for 11 minutes. Now this is extremely significant in the time measures of Revelation for between the two flares 1859 and 2003 is the time span of 144 years.

In order to establish if the appearance of the word “sun” in Revelation supports this correlation I shall look at the verses in which the word “sun” appears in Revelation.

Sun became black like sackcloth of hair

Rev 6:12 “And the sun became black like sackcloth of hair.” These words relate to the very end time and seem to indicate not only a time of mourning in the end time but that there will be a ‘sign’ in the sun. Sackcloth was made of goat’s hair and was black. It was worn by mourners.

The sounding of the fourth trumpet

I believe that Revelation reveals times of less sunlight brightness in the time measures and also in the words of the sounding of the fourth trumpet. Revelation 8:12 “And the fourth angel sounded and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for the third part of it, and the night likewise.”

To fully understand this verse one has to realize that that the word “sun” also has figurative meaning in the Bible. In other words this verse relates to the “sun” in the heavens, but also to Jesus Christ, his Message and the rise of the Christian Church and faith in the past two millennia. The figurative meaning of the word “Sun” relating to Christ is revealed in Malachi 4:2 “But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings.”

Therefore in the sounding of the fourth trumpet the “third part of the sun was smitten” figuratively means that in the last third part of the time 4BC to 2004 (from approx 1340 – this being the beginning of the wars between Christian kings and the Christian Church and the Reformation), but literally in that time there was a time that the sun was not so bright (1644 to 1716). As we know the moon gets its light from the sun (“and the third part of the moon”) and also during the time of the Maunder Minimum aurorae (‘northern lights’) would have been less because to-day we know that solar activity causes aurorae (“and the third part of the stars”).

Then Revelation seems to define the period of the Maunder Minimum more specifically: “and the day shone not for the third part of it”. Remember that the second millennium was divided into “three and a half days” . In the time of the third “day” of the second millennium (that is the time 1572 to 1860) there was a time (Revelation reveals the length of a “generation” – approx 72 years) that the sun was not so bright – the time of the Maunder Minimum. In the third ”day” there was also the Dalton Minimum.

Rev 8:12:“And the night likewise”. These words indicate that the time of “night” is also in the measure of the “three and a half days” of the second millennium”. The figurative meaning of “night” in the Bible is revealed in Rom 13:12 (ignorance and disbelief) Isaiah 21:11-12 (adversity and affliction) John 9:4 (death). According to history the time of the third “day” of the second millennium was the time of “night” for Christianity. The Sun seems to be very accurate 1644 was the time of the wars between King Charles and the Parliamentarians that eventually led to the death of the king in 1649. 1517 was the year that Martin Luther’s Ninety-five Theses launched the Protestant Reformation. 1788 was the time of the French Revolution (1789). (These were significant happenings in time of the fall of the Christian kings and the separation of Church and State.)

The present time

There is much interest in the Sun at the present time for it seems as if the Sun is entering a period of diminished activity. From 2007 to 2009 the Sun went through a deep lull in solar activity. Currently the Sun is in the middle of an 11 year period known as Cycle 24 and is moving towards the cycle’s period of maximum activity. The Sun’s activity is increasing at the present time (flares in October and November 2011), but will it be sufficient to make a difference to the diminished trend of the cycle. Recent findings indicate that the activity of the next 11 year solar cycle, Cycle 25, which should start in the year 2020 could be greatly reduced. Some scientists are wondering whether this drop of activity could lead to a second Maunder Minimum or Dalton Minimum.

Taking all the above into account and considering that we are in the final season and seeing the signs of the end time in great earthquakes, minute variation in the tilt of the earth and extreme weather - is the Sun confirming the end time?

The angel standing in the Sun

Revelation 19:17 to 21 connects the final battle to the Sun.

It begins with the words “And I saw an angel standing in the sun”, then follows “and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven , Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God.”

Because migrating birds are said to use the Sun to find direction it seems that Revelation is revealing that before the final battle it will be the Sun that gives mankind insight into the end time.

Rev 19:18 ”that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”

I showed in my books and on this website that Rev 19:18 reveals the progression of the second half of the second millennium. The time of the fall of Christian kings and Christian leaders (“captains” and “mighty men”); “horses and those who sat on them” relating to the riders of the apocalypse (the wars fought for democracy but also all the soldiers who fought on horseback during the wars of transition from Christian rule to secular rule. The words “free and slave” and “small and great” indicate the final time measure from 1860 to the Return.

I believe that these two verses also reflect what I have explained in this post. Before the final conflict the time measures “day” and “generation” will be verified by the brightness of the Sun. The times will reflect the fall of the Christian leadership, the war that would end slavery (“free and slave”) and the end time.

Rev 19:19-21 relate to the final time and the destruction of the forces of antichrist.

I believe the bright flare of 2003 indicated the end of the “half” day of 144 years and the present low solar activity is part of the final season.

So what is all of this telling us? I believe that God in his great wisdom knew from the formation of the earth and the stars that at the beginning of our twenty-first century mankind would be aware that the sun would be less active in a time from 1644 and from 1790. There would be sun flares in 1859 and 2003. All of these would substantiate the time of a “generation” in Revelation. After 2000 there would be a lull in the activity of the sun. It seems that slight changes like the activity of the sun, a slight tilt in the axis as a result of great earthquakes are going to bring about changes in the seasons and the weather that will make man realize that it is the end time. At that time there will also be a war of nations.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]