"Hurt not the oil and the wine"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on March 03, 2012 at 06:22:41:

Hurt not the oil and the wine

In a previous post I showed that the activity of the sun correlates with the time measures of a “day” in my understanding of the time measures of Revelation. This revelation confirms to me the words of Luke 21:25 concerning the words of Jesus Christ and the signs of the end time: “And there shall be signs in the sun and in the moon and in the stars”.

Higher oil prices

After all that I have related on this website concerning the final coming together of all that is revealed in the verses of Revelation it seems to be significant that at the present time we are witnessing the concern of the nations of the earth that the global trade of oil be hindered by the closing of Strait of Hormuz.

The closing of the strait would obstruct the export of about one-fifth of the world’s oil trade. Iran threatened to block the strait because of sanctions by the United States and European Union against its oil exports and financial system.

The nations of the globe are fully aware that the sanctions imposed and the tensions in the Middle East will bring greater volatility and higher prices for the oil markets.

Revelation

The tension concerning the strait at the present time relates to oil. Oil is not only one of the trading goods mentioned in Revelation; it is specifically mentioned in the opening of the third seal as a precious commodity. I wish to show that I believe Revelation is revealing this present concern of the nations in the word “oil”.

Every word significant

Before I go any further a word to those skeptics that cannot understand why I analyze every word of Revelation. Every word in Revelation is placed in a specific place in order to reveal the prophecy’s great message. We are told this through the strict warning in Revelation 22:18 and 19.

Oil

This universal concern of the nations of the globe at the present time seems to be a revealed through the words “oil” and “hurt not the oil and the wine”.

In the list of trading merchandise given in Revelation 18:11-13 the word “oil” and “wine” appear.

11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: 12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble, 13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

It is interesting that it is at the present time it is international policy to impose trade sanctions (“for no man buyeth their merchandise any more”) on states which do not adhere to international law.

Readers will say but why the emphasis on “oil” among all the other commodities. The reason for its significance is the repetition of the word “oil” in Rev 6:6.
The words “oil and wine” appear in the last section of Rev 6:6: “and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine”. It is only with the understanding that Revelation relates to specific time that one can appreciate the great importance of these two commodities in Rev 6:6. Revelation seems to underline that after the twentieth century of all the trading goods oil and wine will be of special significance to man.

I am going to give a detailed analysis of the verses in which these words appear so that readers can appreciate their significance at the present time.

A trading commodity

The opening of the third seal: Rev 6:5-6 “And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see that thou hurt not the oil and the wine.”

This seal is opened by the Lamb. Through the Divine intervention I know that the opening of this seal relates to the time 1896.

And lo a black horse

In order to find the meaning of the word “black” one has to go to Proverbs 7:9 “In the black and dark night”. In other words “black horse” relates to the time of ‘night’ or darkness in Revelation.

The time of “three days” in the “three days and a half” of the second millennium is also the time of the darkening of the earth. The “three days” are also the time “night” (Rev 8:12). This time measure is verified through the words of Jesus Christ. Mat 12:40 “For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”. These words relate to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, but in the understanding of the time measures of Revelation these words also relate to the time of “three days” in the second millennium.

The time of ‘night’ seems to be a time of “three days” measured back from 1896. The time of ‘three nights’ starts at the time about 1032, which is about a thousand years after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Therefore the time of “night” is 1032 to 1896.

“A pair of balances”

Considering the "crown " of the Rider on the white horse, the "sword" which was "to take peace from the nations" of the rider of the red horse, the balances of the rider on the black horse has to do with the ruling of the nations. They indicate majority rule by man that replaces the rule of kings and would come into place in most of Western Europe and the Americas in the nineteenth and the beginning of the twentieth century. Majority rule, or also called “the rule of man” in my interpretation (for it would lead to an ever increasing ousting of the rule of Christianity in the nations), has its origins in the rule of the nations in Europe. The rule of man would reach its zenith in Russia (a northern country) where the Communists wished to rule the nation solely on economic principles of government. In the first half of the twentieth century the Christian Church in Russia was almost destroyed.

The north country

In Zechariah 6:6 we are told that the black horses in the chariot, seen by the prophet Zechariah, were specifically going to the north country: “The black horses which are therein go forth to the north country”. At the end of the nineteenth century it would be the countries of the northern hemisphere that would promote rule according to the will of the majority.

“The third beast had a face of a man”
The third beast is the same beast as mentioned in Rev 4:7 “The third beast had the face of a man.” Through the word “man” in “the third beast had the face of a man”, the year 1896 has a relationship to “the number of a man” in Rev 13:18 “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred, threescore and six.”

The time 1896 falls within the time of “threescore” years (1866 to 1926) in the measure, ”six hundred, threescore and six” years.

The time 1896 is the midpoint of the time of “threescore” years (1866 to 1926) in the measure, ”six hundred, threescore and six” years.
In my understanding of Revelation the number 666 relates to the time 1266 to 1932. I am now going to show how Revelation confirms that the number 666 relates to “years”.

“A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.”

Through the words of Scripture the words “a measure of wheat” and “three measures of barley” reveal and confirm that the time of the opening of the third seal is also the time of the “beast out of the earth”. The time linked to the beast out of the earth is “six hundred, threescore and six” (Rev 13:18). Through the words “a measure of wheat” in Revelation 6:6 and the reference to “wheat” in Ezra 7:22 “a hundred measures of wheat”, Revelation reveals the measure of “hundred”. Through the words “three measures of barley” in Rev 6:6 and the reference to “barley” in Ruth 3:15 “six measures of barley”, Revelation reveals “six”. Therefore: 600 (100x6). “Three measures of barley” in Revelation and “six measures of barley” in Ruth 3:15 (three times six), reveals the number 666 (six hundred threescore and six). Remember later in chapter 13:11-18 Revelation is going to confirm this number through history. Read my analysis of the “beast out of the earth” in the Q&A section of this website.
Measure

In order to understand fully what Revelation wishes to reveal through the word “measure”, we have to look where the word “measure” (as a noun) is used elsewhere in Revelation. It is used in Rev 21:17.

The wall of the New Jerusalem

Rev 21:17 “And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is of the angel.” This is one of the most revealing verses of Revelation because Revelation says “ACCORDING TO THE MEASURE OF A MAN, THAT THE ANGEL WAS USING”. THESE WORDS INDICATE THAT THE ANGEL IS LINKING THE TIME ON EARTH (“THE MEASURE OF A MAN”) TO THE DIMENSIONS OF THE NEW JERUSALEM.

In Rev 21:17 Revelation reveals that the wall of the New Jerusalem is “one hundred and forty four cubits”. With the knowledge that the symbolic “temple” of Revelation (that symbolically has a length and breadth of “three days and a half” - that is the Christian Church of Jesus Christ on earth – because of John 2:19 “in three days I will raise it up” - that is the temple of Christ on earth) is a ‘reflection’ of the coming New Jerusalem, that we can know that the time measure of “an hundred and forty-four cubits” relates to the last time measure of the “three days and a half” of the second millennium. The symbolic “wall” of the New Jerusalem relates to “one hundred and forty four” years on earth, that is the last time measure of the “three days and a half” of the second millennium.

Therefore the time measure of a “cubit” (that is a measure that relates to the New Jerusalem) is also symbolically the time of a “year”. The time of the “wall” is the time from about 1860 to 2004 – or 1859 -2003 taking into account that there were two significant sun flares in those years. This time coincides with the time of the “beast out of the earth” and the time of the “rider on the pale horse”. Symbolically reveals that it is difficult for men and women to enter into the New Jerusalem in that time for the wall is “high”. There are however twelve entrances into the New Jerusalem, the Holy City, three to the north, three to the east, three to the south and three to the west (Rev 21:13).

The understanding of this symbolism of Revelation is essential in the final understanding of the entire Revelation.

The activity of the sun

Readers can possibly now grasp why I believe the indication of the time of 144 years: 1859 to 2003 (the years 1859 and 2003 times of the giant flares of the sun) that I mentioned in the previous post is of such significance.

I have given this detailed explanation of the time of the opening of the third seal to illustrate that I believe Revelation reveals that from 1896 “oil and wine” will be precious trading commodities. Because the opening of the first four seals are also the times of the riders of the apocalypse, and the symbolism of these riders carry right through to the very end time (see Rev 9:17 “I saw the horses in the vision and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire and of jacinth, and brimstone” (“fire and brimstone” also used in Rev 19:20 that is Armageddon); and 14:20 “even unto the horse bridles”) I believe that “hurt not the oil and the wine” relates to the time from 1896, but specifically to the very end time.

Hurt not the oil and the wine

The concern of the nations relating to wine is the revelation of extreme weather in the end time that ruins vineyards – symbolically man’s concern for luxury goods.

The words “hurt not the oil and the wine” seems to be substantiated by the reaction of the nations to the possible closing of the Strait of Hormutz. Because I believe Revelation is being revealed to us at the present time and also indicates oil as a predominant concern of the nations in the end time, we should take note of the situation in the Middle East. Oil seems to be a major factor in the coming together of circumstance in the end time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]