Personal Message to the Author

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Richard Smit on May 24, 2012 at 07:17:59:

Dear Dr. Janson,

I’m not worried about these new cranks infiltrating your website. God will take care of them in His own time and in His own way.
It’s truly a fearful thing to come into the hands of God - I KNOW.

So I’d like to say the following to you personally.

As you know I have been a reader of your “How Near Armageddon” books and website for almost 12 years now. I understand your message and therefore have endorsed and supported all your writings over these past years and still do presently.

Even more so, now.

Just so that everyone knows, I have a huge respect for what you have written and therefore also for you, what you represent, even though I have never met you in person. I do recall having spoken to you telephonically once or twice, many years ago when I first came across & purchased your first book “How Near Armageddon” in a local book store in November 1999.

The first few pages of your book “How Near Armageddon” at first gave me “tremendous” and “serious” problems. Nevertheless I persevered through many hours and years of intense study and frustration, in a very serious and absolutely thorough attempt, to refute and disprove what you had written. I “almost” became a historian myself! I really studied so many other books written by historians and other Christian authors just to disprove you. Also, through many prayer requests.

And then on 26th December 2004 the Great Earthquake happened which you had predicted in your book published in 1999 (Pages 191 and 192).

The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake was an undersea megathrust earthquake that occurred at 00:58:53 UTC on Sunday, 26 December 2004, The devastating tsunami follow soon after.

“In Indonesia, some 240,000 people died from the quake and tsunami combined. About 47,000 more people died, from Thailand to Tanzania, when the tsunami struck without warning during the next few hours. This earthquake was the first magnitude-9 event to be recorded by the Global Seismographic Network (GSN)”. (Brief Quote from Google – on the Internet)

The “tragic devastating loss of life” and the two words “without warning” carefully noted.

To-day I’d like to say to you:

“All your books changed my life.” The way I live, think and behave.

For this I’d like to thank you, beyond any words can describe, once again and finally – for your professionalism, honesty, transparency, consistency and for sharing what you know, with all of us.

I believe that it has been very difficult & perhaps very sad for you, mainly because of the disbelieve, of many.

There were two other big events in my life since November 1999 which confirmed to me, with no doubt at all, that what you write should be taken note of very, very carefully.

As I’ve said before, I am not prepared to share these two events with anyone. I go to my grave, content with this and with what I have learnt.

But not just yet, as there is still a “little” work to do, God willing.

Just to-day I have come to realize and understand the following brief quotation about Bible Truths, from an e book I purchased from the Institute of Creation Research which I’d like to share with you and the readers of this amazing “How Near Armageddon” website:

“No matter how sound the evidence and clear the scriptural exposition, a person who is unwilling to believe cannot be argued into believing. Christian evidences can never replace the convicting and illuminating work of the Holy Spirit. No matter how strong and irrefutable the evidence, it is always possible for the sceptic to find some new reason for not believing. It is a matter of basic attitudes and unrecognized pre-suppositions.”

Copyright Information : Many Infallible Proofs - Evidence For The Christian Faith
Henry M. Morris with Henry M. Morris III First printing: August 1974
Fourteenth printing, revised and expanded: August 1996
Seventeenth printing: August 2002 Copyright © 1974, 1996 by Henry M. Morris. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations in articles and reviews. For information write: Master Books, Inc., P.O. Box 726, Green Forest, AR 72638. Library of Congress Catalog Number: 74-81484

These TRUE CHRISTIANS and many other TRUE CHRISTIAN groups, I also hold in very high regard. Their CHRISTIAN work is absolutely amazing. One group for instance, has distributed over ONE BILLION BIBLES worldwide, at no cost to the recipients. I personally have one of these Bibles which my young son gave to me, after receiving it at no cost at his school a few years ago. I sincerely hope and pray that God will continue to bless their work and all of the others too.

Your website has now been CONTAMINATED with this FALSE Christian / Muslim / Jewish /Mixed Concoction / of Unknown / Amalgamated religions or faiths.

Perhaps the time has arrived for you to seriously consider “reserving the right” for ANYONE to post ANYTHING they want, on your website.

Not many websites on the Internet have an open forum like yours, which is always open to serious abuse, by all and sundry, even by cranks, fanatics, hackers and crazy people, as has been proven over these past years.

OR,

Even better still, close the Forum down completely. I’ll support whatever you decide.

Basically I’m interested to read & study your updates, articles and posts on this “How Near Armageddon” website. This other new “stuff” on the forum, makes me SICK to my stomach.

I’m very sorry to have to say, that for me, it’s absolute garbage. Neither is it CHRISTIAN, at all.

I’m very sure I’m not alone in this.

Allow me in all fairness and balance finally to say, the following for the benefit of all:

That we all need God's forgiveness from the "sickness" of sin.

(Mark 2;17)

17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

This (forgiveness of sins) comes only through Jesus Christ, God our Saviour.

No-one excluded. As shall be proven at the end of time by God Himself.

May God bless you and strengthen you always, and encourage you, and please be assured and know that you are NEVER alone.

We all long for the RETURN OF CHRIST.

Hopefully soon, now.

Sincerely,

Richard Smit

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]