Re: 5th Gear

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on October 07, 2012 at 16:19:07:

In Reply to: 5th Gear posted by Curmudgeon on September 24, 2012 at 04:20:14:

All those who, through the ages read Revelation, chapter 18, knew that this chapter reveals that excessive material wealth does not help to save souls, it contributes to easy living (Rev 18:7 “lived deliciously”) and spiritual desolation (Rev. 18:2 “has become the habitation of devils and the hold of every foul spirit”). For this reason Revelation reveals that there will through the ages be times of economic downturn and collapse - and when these occur, they will happen quickly.

Compared to other chapters of Revelation, chapter 18 is not difficult to understand. I have shown in previous posts on this Forum and in my books that it seems that Chapter 18 in Revelation on the Fall of Babylon relates not only to the final time, but also to times of economic depression in history. For those who lived through the Great Depression it must have had a special significance.

The “mighty angels” in Rev 18:1 and 18:21 symbolically relate to this chapter for I believe God has provided that that world’s economic structure will, despite loss, remain stable to provide for the needs of the remnant of his followers. (This is revealed later through the word “millstone” in Rev 18:21. See the full explanation in previous posts on this Forum.)

As I have shown in my books Revelation divides the earth into “thirds”. For this reason I believe the words “stand afar off” (Rev 18:10, 15, and 17) used three times, indicate the inter-connection of the three sections of the earth in the final time, particularly with regard to world trade and commerce.

No doubt, because Revelation is so clear about “the fall of the great city” some form of downturn will occur in the end time. Will it be because of the decisions of the central banks of the nations? Will it be because of the ‘gathering to Armageddon’ or Armageddon itself? I think it is going to be a combination of factors, not excluding extreme weather and earthquake.

It seems that the “fall” or downturn will likely be in or as the result of what takes place in one third of the earth, where it will be witnessed by those standing afar off because of inter-communication of the earth in the final time. It will affect all the earth because of the international links of trade and commerce.

Rev 18:10 “Standing afar off for fear of her torment”

Rev 18:15 “Standing afar off for fear of her torment, weeping and wailing”

Rev 18:17-18 “Standing afar off and cried when they saw the smoke of her burning.”

I cannot accept the bleak picture many prophets of doom paint in relation to this chapter of Revelation, because I believe that God has always provided for recovery after catastrophe. We have the promise that the meek shall inherit the earth. Even in the last days God shall destroy those who destroy the earth (Rev 11:18).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]