Revelation 8: Wormwood

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Curmudgeon on June 30, 2013 at 13:10:48:

Dear Dr Janson,
I found this comment on Rev 8 on the internet some time ago. I think it was on the site "thespiritoftruth.blogspot.com"

Of course, the credibility of the comment rests heavily on whether Chernobyl really does mean wormwood in Ukranian.
"Revelation 8
As explained in my vlog above, each major phase of a global nuclear exchange is outlined in Revelation 8, from the half hour when ICBMs would traverse their orbits, to the flashes and earthquakes associated with nuclear detonations, to the massive fires that would burn up a third of the earth, to the water being poisoned by radioactive contamination, to the nuclear winter that would obscure sunlight, moonlight and starlight. In this context, what is key regarding Wormwood is the poisoning of water such that "many people died from the waters that had been made bitter". In connection with this, I believe the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster in the Ukraine, which I believe was no accident, was the first part of the revelation of the meaning of this passage. This is because the Ukrainian word for "Wormwood", a bitter herb used in making absinthe, is "chernobyl". What makes this connection even more interesting is that the word wormwood, which is strangely capitalized in Revelation 8, is not normally capitalized, suggesting that it's usage in the prophecy is in reference to a specific place, person or thing. I believe this was intentional in its reference to Chernobyl and the greatest incident of radioactive contamination in human history-to-date.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]