Re: Ancient Wisdom returning

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on February 25, 2014 at 05:29:11:

In Reply to: Ancient Wisdom returning posted by Ben Curran on February 16, 2014 at 08:49:53:

I think that careful note should be taken of what has happened in the past few months. Firstly Typhoon Haiyan, that was an exceptionally powerful typhoon that devastated portions of South-East Asia and particularly the Philippines on 8 November 2013. It was the deadliest Philippine typhoon on record. Secondly the sequence of low pressure weather systems coming across the Atlantic brought by a remarkably strong jet stream. These Atlantic storms caused the worst flooding in mainly southern England since records began in 1766.

After all that has been said on this website these happenings coming at this point in time can only strengthen the faith of Christians that we are seeing extreme weather caused by unusually strong wind. I believe this is predicted in Rev 7:1-3 where the four angels are “holding” the four winds of the earth for a time and then destruction will come.

Days of distress

I think we have seen with the recent floods mentioned above the type of panic that can set in when weather conditions reach a point beyond our control. Imagine this on a greater scale in time to come. Jesus Christ speaks of the false messiahs and false prophets appearing with signs and wonders to deceive at a time of “distress”.

Mark 13:19-23

New International Version (NIV)

19 because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when God created the world, until now—and never to be equaled again.
20 “If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them. 21 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe it. 22 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

What would be the purpose?

What would be the purpose of these signs and wonders in the days of distress? If global warming and extreme weather are going to cause great devastation then there are going to be economic repercussions that will bring misery of all kinds. The purpose of the false messiahs and false prophets staging signs and wonders, I think will partly be for economic gain.

The purpose would also be to deceive and to confuse: Go to see the messiah, that is performing wonders - but it is not He. Do this a number of times and people would get weary. Is this a last stand of anti-Christ to try to crush the convictions of the Christians that the Return is imminent? It is going to come in a time of “great distress”. Christ prepares Christians against these imposters and false rumors in the time to come probably because they are going to be pretty convincing.

A spiritual void

I think that the influences of the ‘beast out of the sea’ and the ‘beast out of the earth’, that have deceived the nations through the ages into thinking that man can understand all things on earth and in the universe have brought about a worldly here and now mentality which has deceptively concealed the Christian need to seek a way of living to prepare for a life after death. Because man cannot understand everything that takes place on this earth he will always be drawn to “wonders”. Therefore those who have been deceived into thinking anti Christ will tend to be drawn to “ancient wonders” to fill a spiritual void.

Signs and wonders

In Mark 13:19-23 note that the words “signs and wonders” are used. “Wonders” is the same word that is used in Revelation 13:13 (KJV). In my understanding of Revelation Rev 13:13 these “wonders” include the great expertise of modern man to create, for example, rockets, missiles and bombs, transplant organs of the body, clone sheep, live in space etc, but also the great ability to influence populations through the global media networks, advertising, promotions and repetition. (For those who do not understand this reasoning read the full analysis of the “beast out of the earth” on this website.) Possibly aspects of this great expertise will be utilized and combined with “ancient wisdoms” (seeing that they are growing in popularity) in order to mislead through false messiahs and false prophets those who are expecting the Return in a coming time of distress.

A desperate ‘this is not the end’

The reason for the false messiahs and false prophets could be a last desperate attempt to convince the inhabitants of the earth that the end is not coming - a last desperate attempt to try to keep the global village going. “Ancient wonders” are not going to be of much avail against “the fierceness of his wrath”. Rev 16:19 “Babylon came in remembrance before God to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.” This verse reveals why God is so angry. The nations have forgotten the gift of everlasting life given to us through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. The “cup of the wine” is the symbol of the blood of Christ in Holy Communion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]