"Final Sign Of The Plagues"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Richard Smit on July 29, 2014 at 07:50:59:

In my view the ¡°HAIL¡± in Siberia, the size of golf balls, isn¡¯t BIG enough.

The people of ¡°the earth¡±, hardly take notice of it, and also hardly ¡°know¡± that GOD TRULY exists.

But most will take note when ¡°THE GREAT HAIL¡± weighs a talent ¨C EACH PIECE! Literally. Also, more than likely to be reported on the International News Channels (for the whole world to SEE.)

From the Internet (The ¡°About Christianity¡± website) the following quoted piece of information:

¡°A talent was an ancient unit of weight and value in Greece, Rome, and the Middle East.

In the Old Testament, a talent was a unit of measurement for weighing precious metals, usually gold and silver.

In the New Testament, a talent was a value of money or coin.

The talent was first mentioned in the book of Exodus within the inventory of materials used for the construction of the tabernacle:

"All the gold that was used for the work, in all the construction of the sanctuary, the gold from the offering, was twenty-nine talents ..." (Exodus 38:24, ESV)

The Hebrew term for "talent" was kikk¨¡r, meaning a round gold or silver disk, or disk-shaped loaf.

In the Greek language the word comes from t¨¢lanton, a large monetary measurement equal to 6,000 drachmas or denarii, the Greek and Roman silver coins.

The talent was the heaviest or largest biblical unit of measurement for weight, equal to about 75 pounds or 35 kilograms¡±.

35 KILOGRAMS - each hailstone ¨C and not just one!!

As Dr Janson says :

¡°It is because of Revelation 16:21 that we of course look at hailstorms with Scriptural interest.

Rev 16:21 ¡°And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.¡±

According to my (Dr Janson¡¯s) understanding of Revelation the plague of hail is the final ¡®sign¡¯ of the ¡°plagues¡± and the ultimate sign that will cause the inhabitants of the earth to realize that God exists.¡±

I agree.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]