The Eastern Mediterranean

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on June 23, 2016 at 05:05:57:

The Eastern Mediterranean

Armageddon

Many have given predictions and explanations of “Armageddon” (Rev 16:14-16) in the end time. There are also baseless and ridiculous stories and films in modern times as to what the situation for Armageddon might be. Taking everything into account that has been said on this website I wish to put forward my view of how we are going to identify this battle. The answer, I believe, lies in the understanding of the book Revelation where, the word ‘Armageddon’ appears.

Revelation 16:14-16 King James Version (KJV)

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

As I have said on this website I believe that the nations are being gathered to battle since the turn of the millennium (AD 2000).

Near the end time

God revealed to me in 1996 that the opening of the first four seals in Revelation, chapter 6 were linked to the times specific times in history and in 1996 we were near the end time.

Through signs in nature, the ruling and actions of the nations, signs in the sun, moon and stars I believe it has been confirmed that we are in the final ‘short season’ (Rev 6:11, 12:12 and 20:3).

The world economy rules the nations

Very interesting at the present time is the overwhelming argument in the UK referendum for the economy. This tendency of the economy to rule the nations before all else in the end time is predicted in Revelation. Revelation symbolizes the overwhelming power of world trade, as a “great whore that sits on many waters” (Rev 17:1) that is placed before all else in the end time as Rev 17:18 “And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.”

Symbolism amplifies meaning.

The understanding of the book Revelation lies in its symbolism. God revealed to me the knowledge that the symbolism connects to specific times since the Resurrection. This has been the core of the understanding of the book on this website.

Specific words and phrases have references in the Old and New Testaments and these amplify meaning.

Place on earth

The cardinal points of the globe
The understanding of the symbolism of Revelation amplifies meaning not only to include the history since the Resurrection and the establishment of the Christian Church but also to the total area of the globe “the four corners of the earth” and the present day.

The symbolism also prepares us for the last days.

The clash of forces in the area of Iraq in 2003 and in Iraq and Syria at the present time (that I believe to be within the short season), should not be considered lightly in the total understanding of Revelation and the Armageddon scenario.

In order to understand how Revelation is linked to the present circumstance in the Middle East I believe we should take a closer look at firstly Revelation, Chapter 18, called “The fall of Babylon” and how it links to a specific area in the Middle East, secondly the nations involved in the final clash and finally the word ‘Armageddon’ itself.

Revelation Chapter 18: The fall of Babylon

As I have often mentioned on this website, this chapter deals with economic decline in the “great city Babylon”(Rev 18:10). I believe the “great city Babylon” at the present time is symbolic of the entire economically and cyber connected global village we live in.

At present a clash of nations is taking place in the area of Syria and Iraq. This conflict now also involves the Eastern Mediterranean.

Tyrus

I believe at this point in time it should be noted that most of the verses of Revelation, Chapter 18 refer to verses taken from Ezekiel that relates specifically to the Eastern Mediterranean and the ancient city of Tyrus (today the city of Tyre, on the coast of Lebanon) that in history came to a fall.

With the knowledge in 2016 that “the great city” incorporates all the cities of the globe that have become corrupt, Revelation may be indicating the area of the Eastern Mediterranean as a place on earth connected with the final ‘fall’.

The signs of the end will come from the East

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

The words “the earth was lightened with his glory” are also used in Ezekiel 43:2. Because these words are used in Ezekiel 43:2 further insight is given that the signs of the end will come from the east.

Ezekiel 43:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

The glory of God is going to come from the way of the East. This fact is substantiated in Revelation. See also (Rev 7:2 and 16:12).

I believe that the words of the prophet Ezekiel are used here to indicate that it is in the words of Ezekiel that we are given an indication of the situation of the end time scenario.

Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Revelation reveals that the world has become “the habitation of devils”.
The Great City, Babylon the Great

In Revelation Chapter 17 we are told of the judgement of “the great whore that sitteth on many waters” (Rev 17:1). “And upon her forehead was a name written, mystery, Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth” (Rev 17:5). Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

These words of Revelation, Chapter 17 indicate that the “Great City” and “Babylon the Great” is symbolic in Revelation of the great cities of the globe that have become corrupt and dictate to rulers of the world.

What is important here is that God is going to destroy that which has corrupted the cities of the nations.
Revelation reveals that the “fall of Babylon” involves all the nations

Revelation 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

The fall of Tyrus

One just cannot ignore that such a large section of Revelation, chapter 18 relates back to the judgement and fall of the city of Tyrus (today Tyre) that is situated on the coast of the Eastern Mediterranean. I say this of course because there is action at the present time in the Eastern Mediterranean and the plains of Armageddon are situated near that coast.

Even though the then (Old Testament times) great merchant city of Tyrus, which did ‘fall’ and is but a relatively small trading city today, I believe Revelation may be revealing the place (the Eastern Mediterranean) as related to the fall of the nations.

“The souls of men”

Revelation 18:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

Progression of time

The understanding of Revelation is found in going to Scripture and where these words were used. The words “souls of men” is important at the present time for the goods listed in Rev 18: 13 I believe indicate a progression of time: Spices, ointments etc in early ships; beasts, chariots and slaves in more sophisticated vessels. The “souls of men” indicating the present time.
In Scripture the words “souls of men” correspond with the words of Ezekiel 27:13 “they traded the persons of men”

Ezekiel 27:13

“the persons of men”

13 Javan, Tubal, and Meshech, they were thy merchants: they traded the persons of men and vessels of brass in thy (Tyrus) market.
Javan was the fourth son of Japheth whose descendants settled in Greece.Tubal and Meshech were both in Asia Minor.

Ezekiel 27

Important I believe is that in Ezekiel, chapter 27 it is related the judgements on the city of Tyrus that God directed Ezekiel to pronounce. Tyre was through history a trading city in the Eastern Mediterranean. Because Revelation has to do with ancient times and the end time, I believe, it should be noted that the area of the Eastern Mediterranean is indicated.

Revelation 18:17

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Ezekiel 27:28-30 King James Version (KJV)

28 The suburbs shall shake at the sound of the cry of thy pilots.
29 And all that handle the oar, the mariners, and all the pilots of the sea, shall come down from their ships, they shall stand upon the land;

The reference for Rev 18:17 also comes from Ezekiel 27:27-28, the judgement of Tyrus. Revelation still indicates the area of the Eastern Mediterranean.

Rev 18:18

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

Ezekiel 27:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 And in their wailing they shall take up a lamentation for thee, and lament over thee, saying, What city is like Tyrus, like thee destroyed in the midst of the sea?

Once again the reference for Rev 18:18 comes from Ezekiel 27:32 the judgement of Tyrus. The area of the Eastern Mediterranean indicated.

Rev 18:19
“And they shall cast dust on their heads, and cried”
19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.”

Again the reference from the fall of the city of Tyrus from Ezekiel

Ezekiel 27:30

30 And shall cause their voice to be heard against thee, and shall cry bitterly, and shall cast up dust upon their heads, they shall wallow themselves in the ashes:

The nations involved in the final clash

Revelation indicates that the nations will gather “across the breadth of the earth”.

Revelation 20:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

I believe that the great nations of the world, from the East and from the West will gather to the final battle. The plains of Armageddon lie off the coast of the Eastern Mediterranean.

Armageddon

In the Old Testament there are two references to the valley of Megiddo. In my understanding of Revelation, I believe these two references relate “Armageddon” in Revelation 16:16 in a particular way.

2 Chronicles 35:22

King James Version (KJV)
22 Nevertheless Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself, that he might fight with him, and hearkened not unto the words of Necho from the mouth of God, and came to fight in the valley of Megiddo.

Zechariah 12:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

The references from 2 Chronicles 35:22 and Zechariah 12:11 relate to the ancient story the death of Josiah the king of Judah. In 612 BC the great Assyrian city of Nineveh fell to a combined force of Babylonians and Medes (ancient Kurds). Three years later (609 BC) Pharaoh Necho 11 of Egypt marched north to assist the Assyrians and to try to assert Egypt’s age-old influence over Palestine and Aram (Syria). King Josiah, king of Judah, attempted to intercept the Egyptian forces, but was crushed and lost his life.

With my knowledge of Revelation it seems possible that the nations of the globe are gathering to the area of the Eastern Mediterranean. Can the nations find peace? Is it all going to culminate in the plains of Armageddon? Will aspects of the conflict in 609 BC in the valley of Megiddon be symbolic in the final Armageddon? If so, God will reveal these aspects in the time to come.

Take note

I am going to repeat Rev 16:14-16
Revelation 16:14-16 King James Version (KJV)

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

God warns in Rev 16:15: Don’t be caught unawares by the Return in the time that the nations are gathering to Armageddon!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]