The sounding of the fifth trumpet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on March 24, 2018 at 15:58:26:

The sounding of the fifth trumpet

Symbolism

With the insight given me into the understanding of the opening of the first four seals of the book Revelation, I know that the symbolism of Revelation also reveals what is presently taking place within the nations of the globe. The angel sounding the fifth trumpet reveals symbolically how in the “short season” the nations gather to battle and how the nations now bear the consequences of the deception by the “beast coming up out of the sea” and “the beast coming up out of the earth”.

I have shown in previous posts how I believe that verses 9:1-2 indicate the present time where gas was seen for the first time coming from black holes in the distant past in the galaxies of outer space.

Revelation 9 King James Version (KJV)

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

The angel sounding the fifth trumpet brings a spiritual message concerning the deception of the nations

Star fall from heaven

The words “star fall from heaven unto the earth” indicates the fall of Satan, but specifically in the sounding of the fifth trumpet how the nations in the twenty-first century have been weakened by the influence of Satan

Isaiah 14:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Therefore, I believe that “bottomless pit” indicates firstly mankind’s advanced knowledge of the universe and the stars in the twenty-first century, but then Revelation wishes to unlock (“to him was given the key”) what is spiritually happening in the time that the angel is sounding the fifth trumpet.

“and the sun and the air were
darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit”

Revelation now reveals through symbolism how man bearing the results of the deceptions of the past at the beginning of the twenty-first century has a ‘hazy’ view (“smoke”) of Christianity (“sun”) and the gift of the air that we breathe (“air”).

Mankind has lost its faith and places its strength in weaponry and other man-made achievements, but the light and power of the man’s faith has faded (“were darkened”).

“Locusts” and “scorpions”

In order to understand the “locusts” and the “scorpions” one must take into account what Jesus said to the 70 disciples (some say 72) in Luke 10:18-21

Luke 10:18-21 King James Version (KJV)

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Jesus uses the word “scorpions” to indicate those deceived by evil who wish to harm the faithful.

Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Will not harm the faithful

The locusts are symbolic of the destructive powers of followers of Satan. At the present time the evil powers of Satan will not harm the faithful ( “not hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, neither any tree”), but only those who have not kept their faith (“only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.)

Some will suffer torment

9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Preparation to battle

Rev 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

In the time of the sounding of the fifth trumpet, evil (“locusts”) will drive the nations to prepare for battle (“like unto horses prepared unto battle”). The motives will be for wealth (“crowns of gold”). Revelation reveals that the “locusts” are men (“as the faces of men”) preparing for battle.

Weapons of the ‘earth’

The symbolism indicates that they arm themselves with weapons of the ‘earth’. Symbolically the word “earth” in Revelation indicates man’s focus brought to things that he can see, experience, use and understand on earth in contrast to spiritual understanding. Of the earth: “hair of women”, “teeth of lions”, “breastplates of iron” and “wings” (I believe a prediction of twenty –first century aircraft)

Rev 9:8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Revelation reveals how Satan (“the angel of the bottomless pit”, “Abaddon”,"Apollyon") has a hold on the nations in the time of the end.

Rev 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]