The word "power" in Revelation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on July 06, 2020 at 08:59:07:

The word “power” in Revelation

(Have the book Revelation at hand.
The understanding of this post requires an understanding of Revelation, Chapters 1 to 18)).

Now that, I believe, we can understand, through the Holy Spirit, the time measures and symbolism of Revelation, I wish to draw readers attention to the word, “power” in Revelation. The reason for this being, that I believe this gives greater clarity as to how Revelation reveals, the power of God the Father, and the power through the Holy Spirit, given to the two witnesses that carried and held true to the gospel of Jesus Christ prevailed; through the time of the rule of kings and secular rule and despite the onslaught of the influences of Satan.

A final season

When God made the times of the opening of the first four seals of Revelation known, the connection of time, to history, and to the words of Revelation became apparent. It was only now in 2020, as I have shown in recent posts, that we have greater understanding, and it seems we are in a final season.

Letter to Thyatira

The first reference to “power”’ is in the letter to the congregation of Thyatira. The warnings given to the seven churches in Asia Minor at the end of the first century AD, were also for all the churches that would later develop in the spread of the Faith to the far reaches of the earth.

The churches must overcome the power of those that try to draw believers away from the directions of Scripture. (In the case of Thyatira it was “that woman Jezebel”). Only in that way will God give power to the churches over the nations. Revelation uses the word “he”, therefore every leader and also to every member of the congregation.
Rev 2:26 “And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:”
Heaven a reality through the knowledge of Revelation

Rev 4:10-11 “The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”

God is all powerful

The twenty-four elders in heaven know that God is all powerful. This is to let us know what we now know for certain, through the understanding of Revelation, that God has been directing the nations since the formation of the earth and the heavens.

Note how Revelation uses the image of the Lamb, that was slain, but will and must be restored to the nations.

Rev 5:11-12 “And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands. 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.’’
13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.”

Revelation goes back to early
history to reveal the power of God.
The following verses reveal “power” given to the unity of state and church in the time of war from 790 to 1896.

Rev 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Transition of power from kings to secular rule 1896 until prophecy fulfilled

Rev 6:5-8 “And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.”

Revelation reveals what is happening in heaven in the time of the opening of the sixth seal

Heaven accentuates the power of God and the Lamb

Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

The culmination of the power given to secular rule in Revelation, chapter 9

The culmination of the power given to secular rule seems to be the five months, 27 September 2019 to 27 February 2020.

Rev 9:3 “And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.”
Rev 9:10”And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.”
Rev 9:19 “And or their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.”

While power was transferred from kings to mighty men, the “two witnesses” always retained the power of God.

Rev 11:3 “And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.”

Power of Christ retained during onslaught of dragon and beast

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
The misdemeanours and blasphemies of the rule of kings had to be punished. Secular rule would have great authority.

Rev 13:2-15 “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?”

The authority would be curbed at the
time of the “forty-two months” (Rev 11:2).

Rev 13:5 “And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.”

Power over the entire earth

Rev 13:6 “And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.”

The inhabitants of the earth no
longer live to inherit life after death, the Faithful have to be tolerant.

Rev 13:8 “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.”

Power to the beast coming up out of the earth. Man’s expertise and miracles through his discoveries (that were actually determined in specific years through the direction of Almighty God) deceives and misleads the nations.
Rev 13:11-15 “And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”

Military power would be given within secular rule

Rev16:8 “And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.”

After the time of the “altar” (2020) the reaping the earth. The earth begins to see the power of God.

Rev 14:18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

God reveals his power. The last plagues follow, before which no man can enter the temple in heaven.
Rev 15:8 “And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.”

In Revelation, chapter 17,
Revelation casts greater understanding on the dynasties of kings to reveal both the transition of the nations to secular as well as substantiating the time after which secular rule loses its power. – the time of “one hour” 1996-2020.

Rev 17:12 “And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.”
God reveals his power in the time of the fall of Babylon and judgement

Great power

Rev 18:1 “And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.”
Rev 18:10 Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city, for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Judgement of the great whore

Rev 19:1-2 “And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
For true and righteous are his judgements; for he has judged the great whore, which corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.”

In the time of the sounding of the seventh trumpet, the kingdoms of the earth become the kingdoms of heaven and finally God the Father and his Christ retake power

Rev 11:15-17 “And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]