The End Times - In the Words of Jesus

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by John on September 15, 2020 at 13:30:44:

The End Times - In the Words of Jesus

Is it likely that the Jews (Israel) have to be converted first, before the second coming of Christ.

“O Jerusalem …. I tell you,
You will not see me again, until you say;

“Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord” (Matthew 23:39)
(This is Jesus quoting Ps 118:26)

There are other verses in the Bible that also “seem to” collaborate with or allude to this.

In Romans 11 : 25-32 it seem as if the Jews, the whole of “Israel”, collectively and universally, have to be converted to Christianity, before “the end” comes.
( believe, acknowledge and take to heart that Jesus Christ, as in the “New Testament”, is their Messiah – who their ancestors rejected and crucified).
This has to do with their “salvation” that can only come from Christ, very much like ours.

What is the true meaning of Romans 11:25-32 ?
(actually the whole of chapter 11 is an eye opener.)

“All Israel Will Be Saved
25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

26 and in this way[e] all Israel will be saved. As it is written:
“The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

27 And this is[f] my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”[g]

28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,

29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.

30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience,

31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now[h] receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you.

32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.” (NIV)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]