The earth opened her mouth

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on September 30, 2021 at 13:03:22:

It is essential to check where references appear in Revelation

I believe we are seeing how the Trinity has prophesied and is revealing the present global situation in the complex arrangement of the words of Revelation.

I believe that almost the entire Revelation has been revealed to us and as I have indicated on this Forum, that we are “in the days” (Rev 10:7). In other words, we are in the time of the “second woe” and await the sounding of the seventh trumpet.

Rev 10:7 “But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.”

Repetition

I have indicated on this Forum that the repetition of words in Revelation holds the key to its final understanding. For example: the words “gathered together” in my previous post.

A mountain burning with fire

Because we are seeing a mountain burning with fire in the sea (Cumbre Vieja) at this point in time, we must
consider certain verses of Revelation.

The word “second”

It may be through the repetition the word “second” that Revelation connects the chronology of the woes, to the understanding of the last signs of Revelation.

The three voices of the final trumpets (Rev 8:13)

We know that the three voices of the last three trumpets follow chronologically.

Rev 8:13 “One woe is passed; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter”

Rev 11:14 “The second woe is passed;and behold the third cometh quickly”.

As I have shown on this Forum, according to my understanding of Revelation we are presently in the time of the “second woe”, but this has not come to an end.

One of the positions that the word “second” is used in Revelation is in Rev 8:8.

A great mountain burning with fire

Rev 8:8

Rev 8:8 “And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;”

As I have shown in my books and on this website, I believe Rev 8:8 relates to the eruption of Krakatoa in 1883.

(“the third part of the sea became blood” connects to the understanding of the beast coming up out of the sea and the wars fought since 1883 in the Far East.)

The repetition of the word “mountain” and “mountains”

The words “mountain” and “mountains’’; and “island”, appear in the verses that follow the indication of the understanding of Revelation (“a scroll when it is rolled together”, Rev 6:14).

Rev 6:14-17

14 “And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?”

Rev 16:19-20

19 “And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.”

Literally or figuratively?

I cannot know, at this point in time, to what degree these verses concerning mountains and islands have to be understood literally or figuratively. But what we do know is that some event has to take place that will inform the world that the Return is at hand.
Earth was divided into three parts.
The words “the earth was divided into three parts”, I believe this is figurative because it has to do with the understanding of Revelation connected to history. The Far West, the middle section (Euphrates and “midst”) and the Far East. I have often indicated this in my books and on this website. I believe “the earth was divided into three parts” is said in Rev 16:19 to show that the book Revelation is understood at this point in time.

The heavens shall pass away and elements shall melt

In 2 Peter 3:19-10 we read the following.

9 “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

Because God wishes all to come to repentance, some great happening has to take place.

The repetition of words significant.

Note how Revelation connects the time of realization of the Return to the “gathering together” through the words, “kings”, “captains”, “mighty men”, “free” and “bond”, in Rev 6:15 and 19:18.

The words also indicate the progression through the two millennia from the time of kings to the time of free men.

Rev 6:15-17

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 19:18-19

18 “That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.”

In the time that the nations gather to Armageddon there will be a realization through some major event affecting mountains and islands that the Return is at hand.

The end of Chapter 12.

Rev 12:16-17
16 “And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]