Every mountain and island

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on January 21, 2022 at 03:58:42:

Every mountain and island

Have the book Revelation at hand to see where references appear.

Because I believe God has revealed the meaning of “a loud cry” (Rev 14:18), and it is the sign of the kingdom of heaven (Mat 25:1) as I explained in previous posts, one cannot ignore the recent great volcanic eruption near Tonga in the Pacific Ocean. I say this because the understanding of the book Revelation has been revealed and Revelation specifically mentions the movement of mountains and islands as a sign when the scroll is rolled together. With the eruption near Tonga on 15 January 2022, we have seen a crater and small islands disappear below sea level.

Every mountain and island were moved out of their places

The words “And every mountain and island were moved out of their places”, follow the indication of the understanding of Revelation (“a scroll when it is rolled together”, Rev 6:14).

Rev 6:14-17

14 “And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?”

Literal or figurative.

The words “and every mountain and island were moved out of their places”, have a literal and figurative meaning. Firstly, we are going to see literally mountains and islands moved. Secondly, the words of Scripture relating to mountains and islands and to end times are going into fulfilment and finally, there is the meaning that the inhabitants of the earth are going to be moved spiritually, God must be sought and God punishes.

Tonga eruption

The eruption of the volcano below Hunga-Ha’apai and Hunga-Tonga, two small uninhabited islands rising about 100m above sea level, 65km north of Tonga’s capital Nuku’alofa, was heard across the South Pacific. The crater and most of the two islands disappeared under the waves. The eruption also submerged some other small islands.

Because this ‘movement’ of a mountain and islands has happened at the present time, the time that I believe we are in the days before the sounding of the seventh trumpet, the words of Revelation do relate to this eruption.
But this is likely a first and a warning that more movement is going to happen globally, predicted in the words of Revelation (Rev.11:13 and 16:18), that is yet to come.

The earth opened its mouth

The Tonga eruption can as Cumbre Vieja also relate to “And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth” (Rev 12:16).

The repetition in Rev.16:20 substantiates further eruption and earthquake globally.

Rev 16:18-20

18 “And there were voices, and thunders and lightnings, and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.”
The movement of mountains and islands also a spiritual revelation
The words of Revelation are also bound to Scripture. Therefore, we cannot just interpret the words of Revelation literally. The words of Revelation relate to prophecy and prediction fulfilled, but also truths revealed through words of the prophets.

The faithful protected

True believers can rely on the words of Scripture in these times and time to come. The references to “mountains” and “islands” in Scripture reveal that these happenings were predicted to take place, but the faithful are protected.

Isaiah 54:10 “For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.”

Psalm 46:2 “Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.”

Spiritual disquiet and unease (spiritual meaning)

The movement of mountains and islands predicted also have the meaning of causing spiritual disquiet among the inhabitants of the earth.

The mountain of the Lord

The word “mountain” also refers to man seeking contact with God. This is revealed in the words of Isaiah 2:2 “Come ye, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord.”

The word “islands” can refer to abandonment of belief and God’s retribution.

Isaiah 59:18 “According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will pay recompence.”

The cloud

The movement of a mountain and islands and a massive cloud.

The cloud above the Tonga eruption was massive, its magnitude captured from space. Because I believe that the meanings of all the chapters of Revelation are now coming together (connected through the repetition of words and meaning) we must consider
Rev 10:1-2.

Rev.10:1-2 “And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,”

In Revelation, chapter 10, the mighty angel is clothed in a cloud and the little book, (which is the book Revelation) in his hand is “open”.

Revelation, chapter 10

In Chapter 10:1-2 a connection of a mighty angel clothed in a cloud and the opened book of Revelation is given. It is also in Chapter 10:7 that Revelation reveals the time of the days when the voice of the seventh angel shall begin to sound the seventh trumpet (Rev 10:7). Revelation therefore seems to confirm the present time.

A rainbow was upon his head

The rainbow on his head is the assurance that although the signs of the end are happening (in the days before the sounding of the seventh trumpet), God will not destroy the earth with flood again. (Gen: 9:13-17).

The words “and he set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the earth” indicates that God is going to retake the kingdoms of the world (Rev 11:15). The time has come that the influences of the beasts coming up out of the sea and the earth, on the nations of the earth are to be destroyed.

Significant therefore that the eruption literally involved sea and earth and a massive cloud at this point in time.

Gen 9:13-14 "I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]