Dead bodies shall lie in the streets of the great city

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on May 29, 2022 at 13:46:02:

Dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city

(It is essential to have the book Revelation open to see where references appear)

Because I believe that I have been given insight into the book Revelation and as I have often mentioned, the entire message of Revelation is now coming together, the happening of dead bodies lying in the streets of ‘the great city’ in 2022 have to be considered within the context of Revelation, chapter 11 and Revelation as a total message.

(Knowledge of my detailed analyses of Rev. 11:1-2, that have appeared on this Forum is essential for the understanding of this post. I believe that the measure of the “temple” came to an end on 27 February 2020 and the measure of the “altar” on 6 March 2022.)

Rev. 11:1 “And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.”

Rev. 11:3

3 “And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.”

As I have shown on this Forum, Revelation has its own unique way of revealing the past history of the Christian faith within the nations since the coming of the Christ.

Two witnesses

The words “two witnesses” in Revelation incorporate all those who have carried out the Faith as ‘kings and priests’ in Christ.

As I have indicated on this Forum, I believe Revelation has revealed that the “1260 days” (Rev 11:3 above) can be measured from the star formation on 23 September 2017. The ‘1260 days’ therefore ended on 6 March 2021.
The words “1260 days” appears in another position in Revelation Rev 12:6.

Rev 12:6 “And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days”.

The place prepared for the Faith in the wilderness (which I believe to be the ends of the earth) lasted until the end of the ‘1260 days’ of Rev 12:6.

All the above indicates change after 6 March 2021.

Rev 11:4-6

4 “These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.”

The two witnesses have had power these some two thousand years and the light of the message of the Cross still shines.

Change comes when they have finished their testimony

Rev 11:7 “And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev. 11:7 is a crucial verse in understanding what is happening at the present time. How do we know this? It is because within this verse there are words that are also repeated in other verses of Revelation.

“The beast that ascendeth out of”

The words “the beast that ascendeth out of” also appears in Rev 13:1.

Rev 13:1 “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and I saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.”

What Revelation is revealing here is that now in the time after the “1260 days”, that is after 6 March 2021, those that carried the Faith to the ends of the earth (“the two witnesses”) the result and culmination of all the ruling of the kings of the Christian nations, that in time moved to the rule of the weight of the majority, to the point that the nations at the present time do not realize, (because the whole world follows the beast Rev 13:3) that their actions are actually blaspheming God.

“The beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit, shall make war against them and overcome them and kill them”

The “war” of Rev 11:7 is the same “war” mentioned in Rev 12:17 and is, I believe, the present conflict in Europe. I know this because Revelation has indicated that the Faith has spread to the ends of the earth.

Rev. 12:17 “And the dragon was wrath with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

Dead bodied in the streets

Rev 11:8 “And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.”

I do think that the dead bodies lying in the streets in war-torn cities this year as seen on world-wide tv are relative to Revelation 11:8.

How quickly?

The rule of law is going to determine and punish those responsible for the dead bodies in the streets of the great city. However, at this point in time that Revelation is bringing its message together, how quickly (Rev 11:14) are final signs mentioned in Revelation going to happen?

Today spiritually as Sodom and Egypt

Spiritually the nations of the great city (the entire earth) are today as Sodom. The appearance of the noisome sores (Rev 16:2 and 11) of monkey pox at the present time seems to confirm this. The remnant of the seed of the woman has to be removed as once were the oppressed in Egypt.

Convinced that they were free from the Face of God

I believe that Rev.11:9-10 reveals and accurately captures how the nations would review the deaths of the martyrs through the past some two thousand years. The true witnesses would be remembered, but having been misled by the beast, the inhabitants of the earth would not really be able to give them sufficient respect (“not suffer their bodies to be put in graves” Rev 11:9). At Christmas time (“make merry” and “send gifts one to another”) the inhabitants of the earth would be tormented by the ‘two witnesses’, because they were misled by what they had taken out of the earth, and their findings convinced them, and ultimately believed, that they were free from the Face of God and His Judgement.

Rev 11:9 “And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.”

Three days and a half

The words “three days and a half” are central in Revelation. As I have shown in my books and on this Forum, these words are mentioned twice In Rev. 11:9 and Rev.11:11. They indicate firstly, the spread of the Faith in the first millennium after the coming of the Christ, as prophesied by Jesus Christ in John 2:19. Secondly, they indicate in Rev 11:11 the time in the second millennium after the coming of the Christ the time that the message of Christianity would be “in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40). The words of Mat.12:40 relate to the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, but also to the time that the Faith would be undermined in the time of the second millennium after the coming of the Christ.

The total time

In the total understanding of Revelation, the “’three days and a half”’ in Rev 11:9 and 11 indicates also the total time that God has determined: from the coming of the Christ to the time of a Resurrection.

More dead bodies?

I cannot know if in the coming days there are going to be further happenings that will cause dead bodies of the true witnesses to lie on the streets of the great city, but at some time, I believe, in the near future, Revelation reveals, God is going to finally show His power.

“Three days and a half” ultimately God’s measure

The words “three days and a half” used in Rev.11:9 and 11 are of the greatest significance at this point in time! They indicate God’s measure of the two thousand years since the coming of the Christ. I say this because these words relate to two measures of “a thousand years” in Revelation, chapter 20, (where “a thousand years” appears six times) that relate to the two millennia since the coming of the Christ, but that we ultimately cannot calculate. They signify the total time that has been predestined by God, before a time of Resurrection.

I could measure the “temple” and the “altar” but the total time of the two measures “three days and a half” is only known to God, the Father.

Rev 11:11 “And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.”

Chronologically

Because Revelation indicates that the “woes” (Rev 9:12 and 11:14) follow chronologically, it seems that there is a Resurrection at some point in the near future before “a great earthquake”. I say this because I believe we are “in the days of the voice of the seventh angel” (Rev.10:7).

The same hour

Rev.11:13 “And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven”.

For the moment I am going to conclude with the following: where Scripture uses the words “the same hour” it indicates that God has used His power on earth. Therefore, in the time to come the world is going to see God’s power through a Resurrection and a great earthquake.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]