Measures of time confirmed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on April 05, 2023 at 12:37:59:

Measures of time confirmed

Revelation, Chapter 12, I believe, confirms through the repetition of words, the three measures of two thousand years, explained in the previous post.

TAKE NOTE

In Rev.12:1-6, Revelation reveals both the end time, and the time of the birth of Jesus Christ. Revelation, then, through the repetition of the “1260 days” in Rev.12:6 (also used in Rev.11:3) confirms the measure of the two thousand years up to the ‘1260 days’ as shown in the analysis of Rev.11:1-3 in my previous post.

These are the only two references (Rev.11:3 and 12:6) of the “1260 days” in Revelation.

The star formation (The end time)

Rev 12:1 “And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:”

Through the word “woman”, Mary, the mother of Christ is signified.
Therefore, the time of the birth of the Christ.

The above verse also indicates the star formation of 23 September 2017. It was from this date that I measured the “1260 days” (Rev.11:3). Therefore, also the end time.

“She being with child”

Rev.12:2 “And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.”

“She being with child” reveals the time of the birth of the Christ, but also the end time.

Through the words “she being with child” and “travailing”, I believe Revelation connects (through the repetition of words) to the end time and the words of Paul in 1 Thess. 5:3 “For when they shall say peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”

The red dragon.

Rev.12:3 “And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.”

The “red dragon” is also the name of
Satan (Rev. 12:9).

The accuser of the brethren

Revelation reveals the “red dragon” to be symbolically “the accuser of the brethren” in Rev.12:10.

Constant infighting

I understand the symbolic “red dragon” to be the constant infighting between Christians through both the first and second millennia, right up to the present day!

“Having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads”

The words “having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon its heads” are informative because it is predicted and revealed through these words, that the accusing of fellow Christians is related (through the repetition of words) to “the beast coming up out of the sea” (Rev.13:1) and the ruling of the Christian nations (Rev.17:9-12) through centuries. (Readers can find the full analysis of Revelation, Chapter 17 in the Chapters section of this website.)

Rev.12:4 “And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.”

Another indication of the end time

According to my understanding “the third part of stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth” connects to the time of the sounding of the fourth trumpet Rev.8:12, where the words “the third part of stars” are repeated and therefore indicates the time of the twentieth century and the time beyond. (Read my recent post “We shall understand in part.)

The time of birth

Rev.12:4 “And the dragon stood before the woman, which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.”

The red dragon represents the specific force of evil (accusation of fellow Christians and infighting) on earth that would pursue the “child”. From the birth of the child (the beginning of the two thousand years) the “red dragon” (influence of Satan) would pursue the spread of the Christian Faith.

Again, the time of the birth of Christ

Rev 12:5 “And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne”.

Jesus, who was Resurrected and ascended to heaven and God, would rule the nations with a rod of iron. Revelation reveals how Jesus has been involved with the ruling of the nations since His Ascension to heaven.
Now Revelation moves to the second millennium and the spread of the Faith, personified as “the woman”, to the ends of the earth and up to the measure of “altar” (1260 days).

Rev 12:6 “And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.”

These words indicate, and predict the time of the second millennium that Christians fled from great conflict within the Church and between Church and kings, which led to persecution in Europe. Fleeing from conflict, Christians would carry the Gospel of Jesus to the ends of the earth, where the Church would be established in far lands across the seas - up to the time of the “1260 days”.

(In Rev.12:5-6, through the repetition of “1260 days”, (also used in Rev.11:3), I believe, Revelation substantiates the time of two thousand years and the measure of “altar” (Rev.11:1-3) as I illustrated in my previous post.)

Rev.12:7-12

In Rev.12:7-12, Revelation seems once again to cover the time of two thousand years up to the “the short season” (Rev. 12:12). Revelation reveals the “short season” to be the last season before the Return. (See Rev.6:9-11)

Rev.12:7 “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God, day and night.”

TAKE NOTE

Day and night

The words of Jesus Christ again ‘open’ the book Revelation (Rev.5:5).

The words “day and night” in Rev.12:10 should be noted. These words reveal a connection to the two thousand years, measured in two periods of “three days and a half” (Rev.11:9 and 11), as shown in my previous post and the words of Jesus Christ in Matt.12:40.

Matt.12:40 “For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” These words refer to Jesus’s Death and Resurrection but also to the second millennium after the Coming of the Christ when the world would be misled by “the beast coming up out of the earth”
(Rev.13:11-18). Note the word “heart”. Mankind’s love and attention would prioritize that which can be taken from the earth (the beast coming up out of the earth), accumulate wealth without scruples (the beast coming up out of the sea) and ultimately oppose all things holy, to the point that they would regard themselves equal to God (2 Thess.2:4).

Revelation, Chapter 20:4-6

The following verse (Rev. 12:11) is important because it connects to Rev. 20:4-6 where it is confirmed that those who were not misled by Satan, on them “the second death” has no power.”

Rev.12:11 “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death”

Rev.12:12 “Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”

I believe that through the words “day and night” (Rev.12:10) and “short time” (Rev.12:12), the last short season in the end time, Revelation a second time reveals two thousand years and the two measures of “three days and a half” in each millennium as I illustrated in my previous post.

Rev 12:13-14

Rev.12:13 “And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.”

In the above two verses Revelation again covers the time of two thousand years from the time of the birth of the Christ and the spread of the Faith in Europe in the first millennium, and then to the ends of the earth, away from religious conflict (the red dragon), in the second millennium, until the end time revealed through the words “time times and half a time”, which is “three and a half” and reflects the two measures of “three and a half days” (Rev.11:9 and 11.)
Flood

Rev. 12:15 “And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.”
These words may reflect the emphasis and argument globally, that present floods are only the result of man’s activities on earth.

The earth opened her mouth

Rev. 12:16 “And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.”

Likely the fulfilment of further signs predicted in Revelation are going to bring some who were misled by the “beast coming up out of the earth” to open their “mouth” (Rev.13:5-6). The inhabitants of the earth will ultimately have to decide, are the present floods the result of man’s doing or are they also signs of the end time.

Rev.12:17 “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
It seems there is a final war coming.

To summarize:

Chapter 12 reveals the spread of the Faith (personified as “the woman”) to the ends of the earth. It seems constantly to indicate the time of the coming of the Christ and the end time. The words “a thousand two hundred and threescore days” (Rev.12:6) and “hath but a short time” (Rev.12:12), because they indicate the last short seasons; and “a time and times and half a time” (Rev.12:14) relating to the measure of a thousand years, this chapter seems to substantiate the time of two thousand years measured three times. It seems that Chapter 12, through the repetition of words, confirms meaning and understanding, and brings the chapters together in the end time.

Three times

Rev. 22:13 “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]