Global warming and Revelation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by El;ana Janson on February 15, 2007 at 09:07:54:

Global warming and Revelation

The final time

As often mentioned on this web site, according to my understanding of Revelation we are in the final time. As has been shown the times of Revelation that we could measure came to an end on 22 February 2005. The final time span beyond Feb 2005 is only known to God. In this present time we shall see a continuation and intensification of what has been revealed in Revelation. For example, the symbolic “beasts” of Revelation that were explained on this website and in my books and the subsequent development of these deceptions through the centuries past are now an even greater misleading power on the minds and code of living of Christians.

We do however know that compared to other time measures of Revelation that this final time is a “short time”. Rev 20:3 “After that he (the dragon – which is according to Revelation a specific form of deception) must be loosed a short season”.

Do not be misled

Through his words Jesus Christ put the information of the present time into the correct perspective. Many people think that the end time is going to be something like one sees in the movies. Terrible hardship, like the northern hemisphere being iced up or very large land masses covered in water etc. This is not so. Firstly, it must be remembered that Jesus Christ said that the Return is at a time that we do not expect it. Mat 24:44 “Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as we think not the Son of Man cometh.” If such catastrophes, as mentioned above, were to happen believers would expect the end. In other words the signs of the end are subtle. With the knowledge of Revelation we now also know that the reason that we shall not expect the time of the Return is because we have been misled or, if you like, brainwashed by the influence of the “beasts”. Rev 13:2 “And all the world wondered after the beast.” Rev 13:3 “And they worshipped the dragon, which gave power unto the “beast”.

Stronger and more windstorms

There are sections of Revelation that reveal what we can expect in this final time. A number of main categories of information in Revelation come together in the end time. In this post we shall focus on the first of four: Stronger and more wind storms; the area of the Euphrates River; advancement of knowledge as an influence that takes man’s attention away from his spiritual purpose on earth and a plague (the latter three will follow in later posts).

Some verses of Revelation seem to indicate to the uninformed great disaster on earth. These verses are symbolic and have, I believe, a specific meaning in the understanding of the total Revelation. One of these verses is Rev 16:18 “A great earthquake such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake”. Another is, Rev 16:19 “And the great city was divided into three parts”. These verses lead the uninformed to think that the end time of almost total destruction of the earth. With the total understanding of Revelation they have a meaning within the understanding of the total Revelation. Rev 16:18 means that the great earthquake is great and mighty for it comes at a specific time in history and fulfils the prophecy of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Therefore it is great and mighty. Rev 16:19 means that when mankind realizes that the prophecy of Revelation is being fulfilled, they will also realize that in order to understand Revelation the earth (“the great city” in 2007) is symbolically divided into “three parts”.

Change in weather patterns.

One of the definite signs that we are in the end time is the forceful winds that accompany storms across the globe at the present time.

Revelation

In Revelation the increase in the force of the wind and the number of storms is revealed through the words of Rev 7:1 and 9:15. Rev 7:1 “And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth”. Rev 9:15 “And the four angels were loosed”. Note that these four angels are loosed at a specific time, the time when the time measures of Revelation come together which is at the end. Rev 9:15 “Which were prepared for an hour and a day and a month and a year”.

Sceptics

Sceptics say: “But how can one be sure that the greater windstorms of the present time are actually related to these words?” I say this for I believe that I was given insight into the time span to which the symbolism of Revelation refers and insight to which events these symbols currently relate.

Storms in 2007

The severe storms that hit the United States and Europe in January 2007 seem to be significant in relation to the understanding of the total Revelation.

Arctic storms

The meteorological Northern Hemisphere winter (Dec 2006 - Feb 2007) was until early January 2007 surprisingly mild. After that came the great storms of January 2007. On 14 January 2007 a crippling winter storm lashed the central part of the USA causing freezing rain, sleet and snow. Farther west frigid arctic air reached as far south as southern and central California. Three nights of freezing temperatures ultimately destroyed up to three-quarters of California’s three billion dollar citrus crop. This freeze surpassed the cold snap in December 1998.

On 19 January 2007 the United States of America still recovering from snow and ice storms that downed power lines and trees in a large swath of the country residents of the states Oklahoma, Missouri and Texas braced for another round. San Antonio, Austin and Houston in Texas which saw rare icy conditions during the previous storm earlier in January were expected to avoid the worst of the second storm. CNN reported the conditions to be a rare spate of icy weather that led hard hit areas to scramble for sand and de-icing chemicals.

Of significance is that the storm in Europe was also unusual. Meteorologists said that the winds reached “severe gale force” in Britain and were the strongest since January 1990. They hit hurricane force in Germany, the worst in at least five years. It was said that strong storms are not unusual in Germany, but this storm was severely strong for January.

The storms in both America and Europe were extremely large and severe and passed over extensive areas of the two continents.

These storms with strong winds occurred in regions other than those of previous years. In the Atlantic hurricane area major hurricanes formed in 2005 and in the Western Pacific area typhoons were particularly devastating in 2006. It seems at this point in time that severe storms may be following a course that is determined in the end time of the prophecy of Revelation. In this final time the “four winds” may be related to fierce storms in consecutive years in four regions of the earth.

Another section of Revelation that I believe refers to climate change is the casting of the seventh bowl of vile, Rev 16:17-21.

Air

Rev 16:17 “And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air”. The time of the pouring of the vial by the seventh angel is the last time of Revelation for it is said in Rev 15:8 that “no man was able to enter into the temple till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled”. In Revelation “no man” (I say this with the full understanding of the word "man" in Revelation)refers to those who have been deceived by the forces of evil and will never understand the meaning of “temple” (“no man was to enter into the temple”). The word “temple” is understood in Revelation as the development of the Christian Church in the past two thousand years. The word “temple” is used because it was the word used by Jesus Christ at the second temple of Solomon in Jerusalem when he prophesied that after the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem it would take a certain length of time for the development of the Christian Church on earth. (For the full explanation readers should refer back to the posts on this website concerning the words Rev 11:1 “measure the temple of God and the altar”).

It is possible that after the time of the casting of the seventh bowl of vile has played out and mankind realizes that the prophecy of Revelation is being fulfilled that some will still be saved. Rev 7:14 "Have washed their robes, and made them white, in the blood of the Lamb".

The happenings that take place in the final time relate to the “air” or atmosphere. I believe that with our knowledge of global warming and my knowledge that we are in the time of the last plague, the plague cast into the “air” refers to the rise of the temperatures of the globe.

The great earthquake and tsunami

I am not a scientist, but I believe from my understanding of Revelation and particularly the casting of the seventh vial, that the great earthquake off the coast of Sumatra (known as the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake) that caused the great tsunami on 26 December 2004 has had an effect on the weather changes of the globe. I say this because of the words of Rev 16:17-18 “And there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne saying, It is done.” In other words it is the time of the end. In verse 18 it is said “and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake and so great.” It has been explained in my books and on this website that I believe that this was the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake on 26 December 2004. I say this for the earthquake came at a time that I believe was prophesied in Revelation. This was discovered by the total understanding of the symbolism of Revelation. For this reason Revelation says that it was “so mighty” and “so great”.

I have often mentioned that the only way that one can understand Revelation is by understanding the functions of the words of this amazing book.

I believe that there is significance into why the word “great” is repeated seven times in the casting of the seventh vile. I believe one of the reasons is that all the words relating to “great” in Rev 16:17-21 (the casting of the seventh vile) relate to the intensification of the main signs of the end in the last time measure only known to God.

Because this earthquake is mentioned in the casting of the seventh vial on the “air” and also because, in the verses to follow, the words “every island fled away” (Rev 16:20) and “there fell great hail out of heaven” (Rev 16:21) seem to relate to the effects of the vibration of the earth and of global warming. Because I know that we are in the final “short season”, I believe that the great earthquake may have accelerated climate change.

Vibration of the earth

Was it the vibration of the earth in the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake that has had an accelerating effect on the climate change of the globe? Is this what Revelation and Scripture reveals to us? Here we should not overlook the words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 24:29 “And the powers of heaven shall be shaken”.

What science tells us

The magnitude of the Sumatra –Andaman earthquake of 26 December 2004 was originally recorded as 9.0 on the Richter scale, but has subsequently been upgraded to between 9.1 and 9.3. At this magnitude, it is the second largest earthquake ever recorded on a seismograph. This earthquake has other effects that were greater than previous earthquakes. This earthquake was reported to be the longest duration of faulting ever observed, lasting between 500 and 600 seconds, and it was large enough that it caused the entire planet to vibrate at least half an inch, or over a centimetre. It also triggered earthquakes in other locations as far away as Alaska.

The shift of mass and the massive release of energy very slightly altered the Earth's rotation. The exact amount is yet undetermined, but theoretical models suggest the earthquake shortened the length of a day by 2.68 microseconds (2.68 us, or about one billionth of the length of a day), due to a decrease in the oblateness of the Earth.

It also caused the Earth to minutely "wobble" on its axis by up to 2.5 cm (1 in) in the direction of 145° east longitude, or perhaps by up to 5 or 6 cm (2.0 to 2.4 in).

More spectacularly, there was 10 m (33 ft) movement laterally and 4–5 m (13–16 ft) vertically along the fault line. Early speculation was that some of the smaller islands south-west of Sumatra, which is on the Burma Plate (the southern regions are on the Sunda Plate), may have moved south-west by up to 20 m (66 ft). Later it was found to be much less.

Therefore the words “every island fled away” in Rev 16:20 “Every island fled away and the mountains were not found”, reveals that some large vibration of the earth would occur that would affect the entire earth. The words “and the mountains were not found” have the figurative meaning that at that time the peoples of the earth would no longer believe in prophecy (“mountain” in Scripture relates to the prophetic words of God”). Particularly in Isaiah the word “mountain” is used in relation to knowledge and acceptance of the words of God in the end time. Isaiah 2:2 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills”; and all the nations shall flow unto it.”. If the “mountains cannot be found” it means that the peoples of the earth will not believe that earthquake and early signs of weather change at the present time are actually the fulfilment of prophecy.

A short time

The reason that I say that the earthquake has had an impact on climate change is because I believe that Revelation reveals that the information given in the book for Revelation and particularly the time of the casting of the seventh bowl of vial comes together in a very short space of time. Climate change seems to be accelerating.
IPCC Report
According to a recent survey by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (2 February 2007) - a panel of some of the world's top climate scientists - global warming caused by human activity is real. "Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as is now evident from observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global mean sea level," the report said.
Of importance to this post is that in the IPCC report in 2001, said the link to global warming and the activities of man were merely "likely", or at least 66% probable. According to this survey global warming is happening. Within six years there is a definite change of opinion. – From “likely” or “66% probability” in 2001 to “warming of the climate system is unequivocal” in 2007. This leads one to believe that some very significant weather observations must have occurred in the past six years.
I believe that Revelation also reveals that man has played a role in climate change, but that it is more significantly happening within a time frame predestined since the formation of the earth. (Why I believe Revelation reveals that man has played a role will be shown in a following post.)
Time is short
The main reason that I mentioned what science tells us is because according to my understanding of Revelation the time of the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake corresponds to the time measure of Revelation and the time of the “great earthquake “ of Revelation 16:18.

Many sceptics will say but there is no full proof that the earthquake effected climate change. I say that if my understanding of Revelation reveals a connection and the time is “short” we may never be able to prove it scientifically and therefore the prophecy of Revelation may be our only source of information.

Take note

Readers must take note. When I say that a specific happening today is related to a specific verse or words in Revelation, some will argue: But this is stated in Revelation 16:18 and there are 22 chapters in Revelation. How can it signify the very end time if there are still six chapters to follow? These are, of course, those persons who have not studied my interpretation and do not understand the construction of Revelation.

The various sections of Revelation have a specific purpose. The opening of the “seven seals”, for example, conveys a specific message. Each seal is connected to a specific time span. There are at the present time only a number of verses that have to go into fulfilment.

Tornados and floods

On 2 February 2007 it was reported that severe tornados had devastated large sections of Florida, USA. Later in February unusually large floods occurred in Jakarta, Indonesia, in Peru and in Mozambique in Southern Africa. In Rev 16:21 there is mention of “great hail”. It is not impossible that “great hail” signifies weather change with much hail at a particular time. The word “great” appearing seven times in the casting of the seventh bowl of wrath seems to signify more specifically a time when certain signs of the end come together, the degree of ‘greatness’ can only be assessed through the in that it linked to a specific time.

Changes in weather patterns

It must be remembered that according to my understanding of Revelation, the Trinity is in the closest contact of everything that is it taking place on earth at the present time. The Trinity knows exactly what man can understand about the changes in climate taking place on earth at this point in time.

It must be remembered that the changes in the seasons is one of the signs of the end prophesied by Jesus Christ. Matthew 24:32 “Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When its branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know the summer is nigh.” Even if you cannot believe that I was given a special insight, at least know that it will be by changes in the seasons as we know them, that we shall become aware of the signs of the end. Mat 24:33 “So likewise ye when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]