An inhabited island disappears in 2006 and Revelation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on June 09, 2007 at 06:44:26:

Every mountain and island were moved out of their place

In my previous posts “Revelation and Creation” I showed how I believe Revelation reveals, through the time measure of “three days and a half” a new insight into Creation. The creation of the universe was set in motion by Almighty God. It was a creation process of development and change taking place over billions of years. This I believe is now revealed to us through an understanding of Revelation that reveals that a “day” in Scripture is a measure of time and can be a measure of a ‘day’ as we know it or in the eyes of God a great length of time.

Knowledge will increase

It should be noted that in Daniel, chapter 12, that deals with the very end time it is said in Dan12:4 “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the word and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.”
We have to take into account that Daniel indicates the end time specifically as the time that many will move quickly from one point to another and our knowledge would have increased. “To and fro” most likely means the way we today move quickly by means of modern transport vehicles and across continents and seas by air.
I must once again draw readers’ attention to the words of Scripture that say that the Return will come “as a thief”, that is unexpectedly. It seems that in certain verses Revelation actually substantiates that the Return is going to come very suddenly. These are verses that in the past were wrongly interpreted and likely specifically show the increase of man’s knowledge.

Continental drift

Revelation has, I believe given an insight into a link between Scripture and evolution. Revelation seems at this point in time to also give insight into the expansion of our knowledge in the twenty-first century. Of significance is that these indications of the expansion of our knowledge appear in verses that have to do with the very last signs. Therefore Revelation seems to be confirming and supporting what is said in Daniel 12:4.

I have often showed on this website that my analysis of the beast out of the earth reveals how man has increased his knowledge through that which he has taken from the earth.
It seems as if Revelation is showing through the symbolism of the final time other features of this increase in knowledge through its symbolism.
There is I believe a new meaning to certain verses that indicate that Revelation will be revealed in the twenty-first century.

The first of these sections are the two verses that indicate that we shall at this time see the movement of islands.

The words of Revelation that reveal this are Rev 6:14 “And heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their place” and Rev 16:20 “And every island fled away, and the mountains could not be found.” Because we have at the present time buried our spiritual ‘talent’ ‘in the earth’ (refer to Rev 16:21 and back to the explanation of “every stone the weight of a talent” in the previous post) we are inclined to read Rev 6:14 and 16:20 like those living in the Middle Ages, and think that some major catastrophe is at the end time going to shift mountains and islands.

These verses seem to reveal that in the end time there shall be a movement of islands as we are seeing at the present time, but it also reveals our knowledge of both continental drift and evolution.

Heaven departed

The use of the word “departed” in Rev 6:14 “And heaven departed as a scroll” means literally ‘heaven going away’. I believe these words mean ‘heaven’ as we know it reveals another ‘dimension’ in relation to the closing of the scroll. There is another revelation in the heavens that is not what we can normally ‘see’ in the heavens. In this analysis we must also remember that the understanding of this verse comes in the twenty-first century. Therefore it is a knowledge that could only come with extensive scientific knowledge of the heavens. This knowledge will relate to the time when Revelation can be understood (“as a scroll when it is rolled together”).
Of importance is that my interpretation of this verse could only have been made through the accumulated scientific knowledge that we have of the universe and of the movement of the planets in this new century.

(The following explanation has appeared on this Forum. It is repeated here for new readers)

[A “day” in Revelation
According to my understanding, the first part of this verse (Rev 6:14 “And heaven departed as a scroll”) relates to the time of the confirmation of the time of a “day” in Revelation. As I have so often mentioned on this Forum, it was made known to me through the Divine intervention that the times of the riders of the Apocalypse are four specific years in the past two thousand years. From this information, and the study of the symbolism of Revelation I ultimately discovered that the length of a “day” in Revelation was about 288 years. When I learned in 2003 that on 28 August 2003 Mars was closest to the earth and would again be so close in 287 years, this information seemed to explain the first part of Rev 6:14.
I realized that there was a time measure of Revelation ‘written’ in the stars. You may well say, but why did I think this was of great significance. It was of significance for according to my understanding of all the time measures of Revelation we should at the beginning of the twenty-first century come to the end of the second period of “three days and a half” in the time span of Revelation that we can measure.
The nearness of Mars to the earth in that specific month August 2003 (global happenings in the last five months of 2003 seemed to coincide with the words of Rev 6:12-13) seemed to confirm the length of a “day” in Revelation. At the beginning of the twenty-first century it could be calculated that the planet Mars would be closest to the earth (on 28 August 2003) in some 60 000 years and would again be as close in the year 2287. The planet appeared as a bright star in the heavens. This information was of significance because 287 years is about a “day” in Revelation. Revelation links “heaven” to the scroll, “rolling together” - that is – closing. In other words in the time that the reading of the scroll is being completed (“rolling together”) there will in the heavens be shown a new dimension of our knowledge of the heavens relating to the scroll. We shall find a confirmation of a time measure of Revelation in a measure in the heavens. It will be the time that the scroll has been read.

Knowledge will increase

It was only with increased knowledge of the movements of the planets that we could in 2003 determine the time that Mars would again be so close to the earth.]

The beginning

I believe that I was given insight into the symbolism of Revelation in order to reveal that God knows exactly what man accomplished in the year 2007. Revelation reveals that man has been misled by his discoveries. Present day educational curriculums confirm this as they wish to discard the belief that God was in control of the process of evolution. The words of Scripture and Revelation confirm that God is the Beginning. God was before the ‘big bang’ theory.
Rev 6:14 Every mountain and island were moved out of their place.
These words can simply mean that in the time that Revelation is understood, we shall have the knowledge that the earth was once one piece of land. Every mountain and island was in time moved out of its place.

Satellite information
As we have the knowledge of evolution so do we have great knowledge of the universe and great understanding of the dimensions of the earth through information given us through satellite technology. We are in 2007 capable of measuring the movement of islands and mountains.

Creation and continental drift.

Scientists had observed for centuries that the shapes of the continents, in particular those on either side of the Atlantic Ocean are such that they look as if they could fit together.
Most scientists agree that the continents were probably once together, for the most part, in one land mass. This is substantiate by Genesis 1:9 “Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.”
Rocks and fossils found on the facing shores of the different continents were remarkably similar. We now understand the reason for this, not just theoretically, but experimentally, by recognizing that the continents are indeed drifting apart. Using satellite information we can measure that South America and Africa are moving apart at an average rate of 5.7 centimetres per year, about the same rate at which human fingernails grow. This spreading apart of the continents is now understood because material is measured to be moving up to the surface from deep in the earth at the mid-ocean ridges. Our understanding of the Earth’s dynamics is completely consistent with this observation.

Using the present observed rate of ocean spreading we can determine that the observed continents were part of a single land mass about 250 million years ago.

The observation that the continents of the earth were one land mass about 250 million years ago seems to correspond with what I said in the previous post on Revelation and Creation. The following is an extract from a previous post.

“Gen 1:23 “And the evening and the morning were the fifth day”.

The second major ice age is well-documented, and is probably the most severe of the last 1 billion years, occurred from 800 to 600 million years ago (in the Cryogenian period of the Neo-Proterozoic Era) and may have produced a Snowball Earth in which permanent sea ice extended to or very near the equator. This would have been the time of the end of the fifth day. The early forms of fishes and birds could have been present in the waters under the ice sheets.
Gen 1:24-31 “And God said let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after is kind, and everything that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth and over every thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them: Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. And God said: Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it is so. And God saw everything that he had made, and behold it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.”

I believe that the words “let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind” are of significance in 2007. There is a scientific theory that the earliest forms of animal life were formed in water and that these then ventured on to land. It seems that the words of Gen 1:24 substantiate this theory.

The Ediacaran Period is the last geological period of the Neo-Proterozoic Era, just before the Cambrian. It ranges from approximately 635 to 542 million years before the present. The earliest fossils of multicellular life are found in the Ediacaran, including the earliest animals.

A minor ice age occurred from 460 to 430 million years ago, during the Late Ordovician Period. There were extensive polar ice caps at intervals from 350 to 260 million years ago, during the Carboniferous and early Permian Periods, associated with the Karoo Ice Age. Sediment records showing the fluctuating sequences of glacials and interglacials during the last several million years.”
It seems therefore that the beginnings of the creations of the “sixth day” came in the time before the continents drifted apart (250 million years ago). Today this is substantiated by our knowledge of DNA for ancestors of persons living on one continent can be traced to back thousands of years to other continents.

The same time

I believe it is important that the words of Rev 6:14 “every mountain and island were moved out of its place” are similar in Rev 16:20 “every island fled away and the mountains were not found”. I believe that the repetition of these words indicates that the final time of the opening of the sixth seal is also the same time as almost the end of the casting of the seventh vial.

Inhabited island disappears

We must at this point in time that an inhabited island has recently disappeared beneath the ocean consider the verses (also mentioned above) that seem to indicate this phenomena happening at the present time.
Rev 6:14 “And heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their place” and Rev 16:20 “And every island fled away, and the mountains could not be found.
Some islands that have disappeared or are in the process of going under.
Lohachara Island

It was reported at the end of 2006 that for the first time in history, an inhabited island had disappeared under the sea. The obliteration of Lohachara island, in India's part of the Sundarbans where the Ganges and the Brahmaputra rivers empty into the Bay of Bengal is of significance at this time as the symbolism of Revelation seems to prophecy the disappearance of islands in two verses that pertain to the very last time measure of Revelation.

Kiribati

A number of years ago it was reported that uninhabited islands - in the Pacific atoll nation of Kiribati - vanished beneath the waves. The people of low-lying islands in Vanuatu, also in the Pacific, were evacuated as a precaution, but the land still juts above the sea. The disappearance of Lohachara, once home to 10,000 people, is unprecedented.

The departure of Lohachara has been officially recorded in a six-year study of the Sunderbans by researchers at Calcutta's Jadavpur University. So remote was the island that the researchers first learned of its submergence, and that of an uninhabited neighbouring island, Suparibhanga, when they saw they had vanished from satellite pictures. Two-thirds of nearby populated island Ghoramara has also been permanently inundated.

The Carterets
The Carteret Islands (also known as Carteret Atoll, Tulun or Kilinailau Islands/Atoll) are Papua New Guinea islands located 86 km (53 mi) north-east of Bougainville in the South Pacific. The atoll is a scattering of low lying islands in a horseshoe shape stretching 30 km (19 mi) in north-south direction, with a total land area of 0.6 square kilometres and a maximum elevation of 1.5 m (5 ft) above sea level.

The group is made up of islands called Han, Jangain, Yesila, Yolasa and Piul, and were collectively named after the British navigator Philip Carteret who discovered them in the sloop Swallow in 1767. As of 2005 about one thousand people lived on the islands. Han is the most significant island with the others being small islets in the lagoon.

It was widely reported in November 2005 that the islands have progressively become uninhabitable, with an estimate of their total submersion by 2015. The islanders have fought a more than twenty years battle, building a seawall and planting mangroves. However, storm surges and high tides continue to wash away homes, destroy vegetable gardens and contaminate fresh water supplies. The natural tree cover on the island is also being impacted by the incursion of saltwater contamination of the fresh water table.

The island Huene used to be one island but has now been bisected by the ocean.

Reasons for the disappearance
At the present time there is disagreement concerning the causes of the flooding of the islands. It has been said that the islanders are the first climate refugees due to sea level rise attributed to global warming and climate change. Another suggestion put forward is the destruction of reefs in the Carterets with dynamite that might be the cause of flooding on the Carteret Islands. Satellite imagery shows that two large man-made passageways have been punched through the outlying protective coral reef. In the absence of any excavators or dredges, the only possible way these channels could have been produced, was with substantial and prolonged use of explosives. The consequences of these actions may have also exacerbated the islands' erosion and eventual submergence.

It has also been suggested that the movement of tectonic plates could be responsible. The islands lie in one of the most complex tectonic areas of the earth. They sit next to a plate convergence zone at the boundary of the Pacific Plate, Indo-Australian Plate, and South Bismarck Plate on a subduction zone next to the New Hebrides Trench (Bougainville Trench), where the earth's crust is disappearing. There is an active volcano on Bougainville Island, 86km away.

The Carteret islands are built entirely on a base of coral that sits atop of an extinct volcanic mount. In the usual course of events, such islands eventually subside simply due to the underlying volcanic rock being worn away and not replenished. The Carteret islands are a classic example of such coral islands in their final stage of existence.

Another theory is that the Carteret Islands are sinking as a result of geological activity of the Pacific Ocean Floor and that global warming has everything to do with it. The Islands sit on top of volcanic activity which shoots fire and smoke intermittently up through the Islands. The global warming process is actually coming from the Earth itself.
The Sumatra-Andaman earthquake
I have indicated on this website that I believe that the observation of the shifting of the islands in the Pacific Ocean after the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake that caused the great tsunami is of great significance for I believe that that earthquake is the one mentioned in Rev 16:18. I also showed in a previous post that some islands of the Pacific shifted during the earthquake.

Revelation through science

It seems that in the verses that relate to the very last time measure, the one that is only known to God is revealed to man through his own scientific knowledge and genius. To primitive man the words: Rev 6:14 “And heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their place” and Rev 16:20 “And every island fled away, and the mountains could not be found”, would seem that the earth is going to harmed to the extent that every mountain and island will be moved out of its place.

I believe that these words pertain to the present time and the disappearance of the islands is revealed by Revelation as the time that islands are going to move from their place as a result of earthquake and with our expertise in satellite technology as a source information of the earth, we shall be able to observe the movement of islands. With our knowledge of evolution and continental drift we also know that mountains can appear and disappear. They can appear through volcanic eruption or the shifting of the tectonic plates on the floor of the ocean. They can disappear over thousands of years through erosion. The earth being very, very old mountains could have disappeared over time.

North America

Continental drift played a major part in the North American regions’ evolution. For instance collision of the crustal plates threw up fold mountains: At present the Eastern highlands are worn down, and the newer Western Cordillera, that includes where the edges of plates form the earthquake-prone San Andreas Fault Zone.

The mouth of the Ganges

At the mouth of the Ganges, as at the mouths of the Indian Ocean’s great rivers submarine canyons cut through the narrow continental shelf around the coasts. The sea floor is continually spreading and forcing up the land masses. Did such movement cause the disappearance of Lohachara?

Revelation is I believe revealing that we are in the end time going to know much concerning the earth. In the final time we would have sent up satellites into space from which we can calculate the positions of the islands and the continents. So that we can know that South America and Africa are moving apart at an average of 5.7 cm per year because the sea floor is spreading along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. The fastest recorded sea floor spreading takes place along the East Pacific Rise.

Revelation coming together

There must be a very good reason why Rev 6:14 “And heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their place” and Rev 16:20 “And every island fled away, and the mountains could not be found”, reveal our knowledge of evolution and continental drift.

The words of Rev 6:14 and Rev 16:20 seem to indicate the following:

Not by flood

Remember God promised that the earth would not again be destroyed by flood. Therefore it seems that Rev 16:20 “the mountains could not be found” is indicating that we are in the end time going to be focussed on what science is revealing to us in 2007 and not on prophecy. As I have mentioned on this website the word “mountains” also has the symbolic meaning of “prophecy” as it is used in Isaiah. The signs of the end will be there but the inhabitants of the earth will not take notice “the mountains could not be found” for they do not believe that we are living in the time of the fulfilment of Biblical prophecy.
It seems as if Revelation is revealing that the final vial is cast BEFORE we shall see effects of global warming, that is islands disappearing and low-lying areas submerged.
I believe we are in the time of the casting of the seventh vial (or plague). In other words we are at the very last measure of time. Rev 15:1 “For in them is filled up the wrath of God”. In the section of the casting of the seventh vial, we are told of the “great earthquake” (Rev 16:18) which I believe to be the Sumatra- Andaman earthquake on 26 December 2004. We are told in Rev 16:19 “the great city was divided into three parts”. Is Revelation indicating more earthquake in the Asia Pacific that causes a rise in the materials beneath the oceans or a shifting of the plates that will result in an increase (which could be small) in continental drift and a shifting of islands?

Three parts

I specifically mention the Asia Pacific for we must take into account that Revelation 16:19 says that “the great city was divided into three parts”. Therefore Revelation may only be referring to one section of the earth. In the final time the “great city” is the entire earth.
Through the word “Babylon”, Rev 16:19 centres on the Middle East, but also relates to the entire earth, Rev 16:20 centres on the Asia Pacific, but has a greater meaning incorporating man’s knowledge of the drifting of the continents on a molten base and ocean floors that are themselves in a state of continuous motion.

Global warming

Rev 16:21 “And there fell upon men great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of hail; for the plague thereof was exceedingly great”. This verse seems to deal essentially with the Western nations for it is they who made great discoveries, but have been misled (“there fell upon men”). It also incorporates the entire earth. Because I believe we are in the time of the casting of the seventh vial, this verse specifically relates to the great hailstorms that we saw in North America, but also all over the world. It is the time that the effects of global warming can be observed. It relates to people (“men”) that have been misled by their expertise in all fields of endeavour. In the first half of 2007 we have seen many storms in the Americas and large hailstones have fallen. The number of hailstones is symbolic of all the Westerners who have put their faith only in that which can be measured and proved (“every stone the weight of a talent”). They believe that the storms are the result of global warming, but refuse to believe that it is their own expertise that has brought about a change of climate. They have put their faith in what can be measured and proved by science to the degree that they no longer believe that there is a God in control (“and men blasphemed God”). All that is said in Revelation concerning the casting of the seven vials relates to man that has been misled by his own ideologies and his own expertise (“men blasphemed God because of the plague of hail, for the plague thereof was exceedingly great). It seems that the word “plague” in this verse relates not necessarily to illness, but to the ultimate outcome of man having been misled. The casting of the seven vials (seven plagues) therefore the consequences of man having been misled by Satan. This final verse of Revelation, Chapter 16, revealing the accumulative effect of man’s deception (‘exceeding great’).

Very complex

The sections of Revelation that refer to the final time are very complex and have more than one meaning. In order to understand the references to the final time we virtually have to take the verses word by word. As I have often said on this website, we cannot measure the final time, but Revelation gives great insight so that we can know that we are in the end time. Therefore, because we have no idea how long this time will be it is unwise to assume, that because a few islands have at this point in time disappeared that we are going to see waters that are going to rise as a result of global warming, to the point that thousands or millions of people are going to disappear under the sea in the low lying areas. These kinds of conclusions are incorrect according to my insight into Revelation.

I do not believe that Revelation indicates the destruction of the earth. The Return is going to be quite unexpected. God the Father and Jesus Christ loves man and would not want anyone to be lost for the kingdom of heaven. I do not believe that we shall see the rising of the sea, to the degree that large parts of the earth are destroyed by water, for we have the divine promise that came after the flood in the time of Noah, when God promised that the world would not again be destroyed by water.
Movement of the islands

Revelation distinctly indicates a ‘movement’ of the islands: Rev 6:14 “every mountain and island were moved out of their place” and “every island fled away”. I showed in a previous post “Global warming and Revelation” that the words of Rev 16:20 could already have come into fulfilment because we have already seen a shift in the position of the islands of South East Asia after the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake on 24 December 2004. Revelation could simply be indicating our increased knowledge of the movement of the continents and islands over millions of years. This is substantiated by Daniel 12:4.

A prayer

We thank thee Lord for confirming in the twenty-first century through our knowledge and the Revelation of Jesus Christ that the individual person is of importance to God Almighty.
Two thousand years ago Jesus Christ made this known to us through giving us the understanding that God so loved every person on earth that he sent his Son to let us know that we could be saved to ever-lasting life. He did not wish one person to go astray.

With our present knowledge of the universe that is greater than our mind can even really comprehend, inclined to think that the individual is nothing. The enemies of the Truth wish to use man’s expertise to question our faith in thy Word by all the knowledge that we have today – to try to say that we are a speck of nothing and that we should not believe in Scripture and the prophecies. Revelation has made known to us that you still keep the lamp burning for those who at the present time seek thy truth. In thy great wisdom, even though it was written some two thousand years ago, you have provided insight and revelations in the twenty-first century through the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]