Arctic melt and Revelation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on October 18, 2007 at 05:09:41:

Arctic melt and Revelation

A new NASA-led study found a 23 percent loss in the extent of the Arctic’s thick, year-round sea ice cover during the past two winters. This great reduction of perennial winter sea ice is the major cause of this summer’s fastest-ever sea ice retreat on record and subsequent smallest ever extent of total Arctic coverage.

The Arctic Ocean’s shift from perennial to seasonal ice is preconditioning the sea ice cover there for more melting and further ice reductions in the coming summers. This year the Arctic Ocean was dominated by thinner seasonal ice that melts faster.

NASA uses satellite measurements, coupled with observations from buoys and a complex computer model, to map different classes of sea ice, including older, thicker perennial ice and younger, thinner seasonal ice. The thinner seasonal ice has been declining at a rapid rate this decade, with 2007 exceeding what had been a record loss in 2005. A team led by Son Nghiem of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration‘s Jet Propulsion Laboratory studied the trends in Arctic perennial ice.

Unusual winds

Nghiem said that the rapid decline in perennial ice in the past two years was caused by unusual winds. Unusual atmospheric conditions set up wind patterns that compressed the sea ice, loaded it into the Transpolar Drift Stream and then sped its flow out of the Arctic. Therefore the dramatic Arctic change was as much a result of ice moving as ice melting.

I believe that this happening in the Arctic is of the greatest significance in the understanding of Revelation at the present time. As I have often mentioned on this website – one of the final signs is the release of strong winds in the far reaches of the globe (Rev 7:1 and 9:14). It is therefore significant that that the NASA report says that the thinner seasonal ice is more easily compressed and is more easily pushed out to Transpolar Drift Stream by unusual Arctic winds. These conditions facilitate the ice melt, leading to 2007‘s record low amount of Arctic sea ice.

The seventh vial is cast into the “air”.

It is also of significance that “unusual atmospheric conditions were set up” by the wind patterns that compressed the sea ice. In the total understanding of Revelation the release of strong winds and the casting of the seventh vial into the “air” (Rev 16:17) happen I believe at the same time. Therefore the combination of wind influencing the atmospheric conditions in the Arctic that has led to a dramatic seasonal change in the Arctic ice coverage seems to confirm that the time measures of Revelation are correct and that we are in the time of the final “season”.

The NASA study has put it squarely in the public domain that in the Arctic this season is different to last year’s season, and next year’s season is going to bring more change to the area. Scientists are now more open to the idea that we might have passed a point where the melting of the Arctic ice is essentially irreversible.

This information cannot be ignored in the total understanding of Revelation and the word’s of Jesus Christ that it will be in the change of what we know to be a normal season that man will have the knowledge that the time of the end is at hand.

Since 2000

The melting of the Arctic region has happened significantly within the time the new millennium. Winds since 2000 have pushed huge amounts of thick old ice out of the Arctic basin past Greenland. This was because the extent of Arctic ice was less this season. There was less protection from the smaller amounts of surrounding sea ice. Now scientists are saying that the ice is melting much faster than global warming models predict.

Revelation the only source of the speed of change

According to my analysis of Revelation I could in an earlier post give the warning on this Forum that it may only be through the prophecy of Revelation that we can know that change of seasonal conditions will be quick. This rapid change of Arctic conditions since 2000 is of the greatest importance in my understanding of the time measures of Revelation and the knowledge made known to me that we are near the end time.

Global warming

Scientists are convinced that global warming is playing a role in the Arctic change. Analysts are having trouble in finding any records from Russia, Alaska or elsewhere to such an Arctic ice retreat in recent times. Scientists say that this gives credence to the idea that humans may have tipped the balance. Sea ice melting in the Arctic is a harbinger of other global warming consequences to come. As I have shown in my books and on this website Revelation reveals through the analysis of the “beast out of the earth” that it is the accumulative effect of man’s knowledge in the past centuries that has culminated in a drive of the nations to exploit the resources of the earth and neglect the fine balances of Nature. This has largely come as a result of man no longer acknowledging that there is a God in control who does not want the earth destroyed. Rev 11:18 “And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them that destroy the earth.”

Wheat production of the world

I believe that we have reached the point that we should seriously consider warning that comes from Revelation at this time. It has been said in the media that the severe weather conditions in various parts of the globe has led to a possible wheat shortage next year. If global warming is going to continue and greater storms are going to ruin basic crops I believe that the nations should seriously think of cultivating wheat or basic food on a greater scale in the time to come. Particularly those nations that already have shortages. The reason that I say this is because it seems that the wrath of God in the final time may be on the bread baskets of the world. This is revealed through the symbolism of Revelation Rev 14:15 “Thrust in thy sickle and reap; for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” The symbolism of “harvest” means that the time is symbolically ‘ripe’ to judge the nations has come, but it may also through what we are observing at the present time through seasonal change may also hold the warning of world –wide grain shortage. In the light of the understanding of Revelation and as a result of what has been predicted in Revelation – greater storms and changing weather patterns have already caused great loss of crops. Those nations who do not wish to heed the warning of Revelation at the present time may just be the ones to suffer most in the time to come.

Conflict

Recently it has been said in the media that the nations should begin to prepare for conflict as the seasonal changes and shortages could lead to conflict among nations. I believe Revelation also predicts this consequence in conjunction with knowledge of valued commodities at the present time Rev 6:6 “See thou hurt not the oil and the wine”. Also the symbolism of Rev 14:18 – 20. I shall however at this point refrain from prediction as regards conflict. What happens in the following months politically among nations could elucidate and support what is happening in climate change. I say this for those who have followed my analysis of Revelation will know that I believe that Revelation combines what is to happen to the climate of the world (great windstorms, change in the atmosphere, and large hailstones) in the end time to that which the nations do (the ruling of the nations, war (Armageddon), trade and commerce (Great Babylon).

The shift of the axis

I believe that it is time that scientists in all fields should seriously start comparing notes. The changes in the Arctic (since 2005) have been particularly dramatic since the great Sumatra-Andaman earthquake in December 2004. Is it possible that the very slight movement in the position of the axis of the earth during that earthquake and the number of great earthquakes in recent months could be a cause of the changes in the Arctic region? I say this firstly for I believe the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake is the one predicted in Rev 16:18; secondly for Mat 24:29 combines that sequence of the great tribulation, and the solar and lunar eclipses with a “shaking”: “the powers of the heavens shall be shaken” (Mat 24:29).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]