Cyclone Nargis hits Western Burma

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on May 06, 2008 at 02:38:09:

Burmese Cyclone 2008

Hurt not the trees

It was essentially the roots of giant trees that were uprooted during the recent storms in Burma that shocked the world as to the power of the cyclone Nargis.

As this storm struck in the time that I believe Revelation reveals the signs of the final season it should once again be noted that Revelation indicates one of the signs of the end as being the destruction of trees by windstorms around the world.
Revelation also indicates that by that time God knows who will be saved.
Rev 7:1 “Four angels holding back the four winds of the earth that the wind should not blow on the on the earth, nor the sea, nor any tree.” Rev 7:3 “Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God.” Rev 9:15 “And the four angels were loosed.”
I see the many uprooted trees of Myanmar as confirmation of all that has been said on this website.

Many dead; many in need

The death toll from a devastating cyclone that hit western Burma on Saturday has now climbed to almost 4,000 people, state media say.
More than 3,900 people were killed in the city of Rangoon and the Irrawaddy region alone, state television said.
Thousands more are feared dead and several hundred thousand people are now in need of shelter and drinking water, according to the United Nations.

Five regions have been declared disaster zones in the storm's wake.
If the toll is confirmed, Tropical Cyclone Nargis would be the world's deadliest storm since a 1999 cyclone in India, which killed up to 10,000 people.

More powerful storms

A study published in the journal Nature in August found that hurricanes and typhoons have become more powerful over the past 30 years.

The study also found that these upswings in hurricane strength correlate with a rise in sea-surface temperatures. Ocean heat is the key ingredient for hurricane formation.
Some scientists are in agreement that the statistics [show] that such events are more likely now than they used to be and will become more likely in the future.

Some scientists, however, believe that we are in the high-intensity stage of a decades-long natural hurricane cycle, which they say is primarily responsible for any upturn in storm activity.

Still others aren't even sure hurricanes are gaining strength.
"I've got real concerns about whether this is a real change or whether it's an artefact of the data," a researcher told National Geographic News in a story published in September 2007.

My understanding of Revelation

It seems that no matter how I try to keep readers attention focussed on the reality that there has been an intensification of great storms in both the Atlantic as well as the East since the turn of the century, and this is predicted through the understanding of Revelation, it is only my voice that appeals to the peoples of the earth to at least consider that there is a definite link to the signs of global warming, the increase in large hurricanes and cyclones and the message of Revelation.

Why the urgency?

In the time of the final windstorms before the Return, Revelation reveals that God has “sealed the servants of our God”. It is therefore a time to stay in the faith and not a time be swayed by those who just will not or cannot make the connection between the signs that are playing out before us and the predictions of Revelation.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]