Revelation and the evidence of rising acidity in the oceans

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on March 27, 2009 at 16:16:01:

Revelation and the evidence of rising acidity in the oceans

God knows and has always known

When I was correlating the time measures (that I believe were given me through the Divine intercession) - that loosen the seals of the book Revelation - to the symbolism of Revelation I was amazed how the symbolism of certain verses that relate to the time of the nineteenth, twentieth and twenty-first centuries reveal to mankind: God knows and has always known what great changes would take place in the last two centuries and he also knows what is happening in the physical world and the results of what man has done and is doing to the earth at the present time.

Present knowledge of the acidity of the oceans

I would like to illustrate this through our present knowledge of the rising acidity of the oceans. The following was said on the subject by a top ocean scientist who chaired a session on the acidification of the oceans at the Copenhagen Climate Change Congress (11 March 2009). Carbon dioxide emissions from human activities are acidifying the oceans and threaten a mass extinction of sea life. The scientist from the Plymouth Marine Laboratory said that it was impossible to know how marine life will cope, but she fears many species will not survive and that we may be heading for a mass extinction in the oceans, as the rate of change in the oceans hasn't been such since the dinosaurs. The sea is more acidic at the present time than it has been for at least 500 000 years. The problem is set to worsen as emissions of the greenhouse gas increase through the 21st Century.
Since the Industrial Revolution
It is particularly interesting, according to the researchers on the acidity of the oceans, that since the Industrial Revolution, CO2 emissions have already turned the sea about 30% more acidic. The Industrial Revolution is said to have started in Europe at about the beginning of the nineteenth century.

Revelation 8:9

The above information is particularly relevant in the understanding of Revelation 8:9 “And the third part of the creatures that were in the sea, and had life, died”. I believe that our present knowledge of the acidity of the oceans verifies the time linked to the sounding of the second trumpet and confirms that God has always known what would happen in the future.

The sounding of the second trumpet
This verse is part of the “sounding of the second trumpet”. It is therefore the second of the seven trumpets that figuratively ‘sound’ in the book Revelation. According to my understanding, the sounding of the seven trumpets reveal to mankind at the beginning of the twenty-first century significant happenings in relatively recent history that have an impact on the present time and why there must be an end time and the Return of Jesus Christ.
Mountain burning with fire
In Rev 8:8 (the verse before the above verse Rev 8:9) it is said “And the second angel sounded and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and a third part of the sea became blood.” According to my understanding of the time measures of Revelation the words, “a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea” indicates a specific time. It relates to the time of the eruption of Krakatau in 1882. I believe this time is verified through other time measures in Revelation. (For the full explanation of this read the posts on the time measures of Revelation on this website).

Revelation 8:9 “And the third part of the creatures that were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.” The first part of Rev 8:9 “And the third part of the creatures that were in the sea, and had life, died”. These words I believe have a figurative and literal meaning. The figurative meaning relates to those that since the time of the expanding of the philosophies of materialism of the twentieth century took greater hold, many who could have been saved for the faith and inherit everlasting life were lost. This understanding is based on my interpretation of the “beast out of the sea“in Rev 13:1-10 and the insight that the words of Revelation (in this case the word: ’sea’) can have more than one meaning.

In Revelation “sea” means the sea, that is the oceans of the globe, but also what is understood by the “beast out of the sea” that is revealed in Revelation, chapter 13:1-10. (My understanding of the “beast out of the sea” has been explained in great detail on this website. In short the “beast out of the sea” is the transition over centuries of the unity of Christian state and church to a world rule that moved ever more to making financial gain, and brought with it a philosophy of an equalization of world faiths. According to John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”, equalization of faiths is contrary to Christian Scripture and therefore the symbol of the figurative “beast”).

The meaning of “and the third part of the sea became blood” relates to the many wars that the nations would fight, soldiers would die and how much blood would be shed in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries in the pursuit of transforming the rule of kings to the rule of men (in the area of the Far East - the “third” of the sea of the globe - in the location of Krakatau – but also all the wars that would be fought in the third of the seas of the globe in order to achieve a rule of men (democracy).

The sounding of the trumpets reveal signs of the end time

Because this information is part of the sounding of the second trumpet the happenings of the wars in the Far East at or from the time of Krakatau are ultimately going to have an impact on the end time. Therefore Revelation seems to be indicating that the wars to bring about democratization will ultimately also be a factor in the end time. (I believe Revelation confirms this through the symbol of the third rider of the Apocalypse on the black horse that carries the scale. The scale is symbolic of the weight of the majority of the people that would rule the individual nations and ultimately all nations of the world (Rev 13:3 “and all the world wondered after the beast”). The time linked to the rider on the black horse who carries the scale is 1896. According to history it was from this time that the outlying areas of the globe would transform to democracy.)

Acidity of the oceans

This brings me to our present knowledge of the acidity of the oceans. I believe that Rev 8:9 is also indicating the phenomena that the activities of man in the past century will literally result in the death of creatures of the sea.

Third part

It is very interesting that Revelation uses the words “three parts” in Rev 16:19 “And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came into remembrance before God.” It is possible that Revelation is revealing in the time of the economic downturn (“great Babylon” in Revelation meaning the economically and financially linked globe of the twenty-first century) we are given the insight to the meaning of the word “third” in Revelation. We will know through our scientific knowledge in 2009 that the acidity of the sea is going to destroy life in the oceans. Is God revealing that man will be allowed to do only so much damage to life in the sea? - Only a third. Because of man’s path of destruction of the earth the Return must happen? This seems to be bourn out further by the words of “Rev 11:18 “And should destroy them which destroy the earth”.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]