Swine flu, Revelation and Armageddon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on May 17, 2009 at 16:03:16:

Swine flu, Revelation and Armageddon

The symbols of the “fowls” (Rev 19:17 and 21) and the “bird” (Rev 18:2) in Revelation as well as the following recently published information on the mutation of the bird flu virus with human and swine flu once again motivates an investigation of the appearance of bird flu as being a sign of the end time.

Recently published information on bird flu

In a new study by University of Maryland researchers suggests that the potential for an avian influenza virus to cause a human flu pandemic is greater than previously thought. Up to now avian flu viruses can infect humans who have contact with birds, but these viruses tend not to transmit easily between humans. However, in research recently published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, by a professor from the University of Maryland showed that after reassortment with a human influenza virus, a process that usually takes place in intermediary species like pigs, an avian flu virus requires relatively few mutations to spread rapidly between mammals by respiratory droplets.

"This is similar to the method by which the current swine influenza strain likely formed," he said. "The virus formed when avian, swine, and human-like viruses combined in a pig to make a new virus. After mutating to be able to spread by respiratory droplets and infect humans, it is now spreading between humans by sneezing and coughing."

Bird flu a factor since 1997

Readers will know that the vision that I had that I believe informed me that Revelation could be understood through time measure in history and that we are in the end time happened on 22 August 1996. The first H5N1 (bird flu) outbreak in the recent past occurred in 1997, there has been an increasing number of bird-to-human transmissions leading to clinically severe and fatal human infections.

Although millions of birds have become infected with the virus since its discovery, 248 humans have died from the H5N1 in twelve countries according to WHO data as of January 2009. It seems that bird flu is a factor in the time since 1997 and this is significant in the context of my understanding that Revelation is revealing that we are in the present time in the final time.

Although present swine flu spread from Mexico to many countries of the world, it seems now that it is not as dangerous as previously thought. The deadly flu of 1918 appeared firstly in the spring and then returned in the autumn of that year.

Revelation

The words “bird” and “fowls” appear in verses that I believe, relate to the present time. Interestingly they appear with words that have bearing to the word “swine” in Scripture.

The fall of Babylon in Revelation

The word “bird” appears in Revelation 18:2 “Babylon is become a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.” “The fall of Babylon” is the symbol of the entire earth and its sinful inhabitants in economic downturn in the end time.

The word “unclean”

The word “unclean” appears with “swine” in Levi 11:7 “And the swine…..he is unclean to you.” The symbol of the “bird” used with “unclean” in “unclean and hateful bird” is interesting for we are at present in a time of economic downturn and the present swine flu is a reassortment of bird flu and human flu in a pig. If as I believe we are living the signs of the end time and Revelation links the word “bird” to “unclean” does this reveal the present appearance of swine flu that is an assortment of bird, human and swine flu as a sign of the end time?

The symbol of “fowls” linked to Armageddon

The following section of Revelation in which the word “fowls” appear seems to confirm this combination of “unclean” linked to swine and “unclean and hateful bird”. It is also the section that reveals the time of the final battle Armageddon.

Rev 19:17 – 18

Rev 19:17-18 “And I saw an angel standing in the sun: and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, gather unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.”

As this is a very important section of Revelation and exceedingly significant if Armageddon is linked to a form of bird flu, I shall briefly explain my insight into the meaning of the words of these verses.

John saw an angel standing in the sun

The words “in the sun” indicate that this section of Revelation reveals the power of God to preserve the Christian Church in the final time. See also Rev 12:1”woman clothed with the sun”. Chapter 12 also reveals the protection of the Christian faith through the centuries. Therefore Armageddon, the final battle is the final preservation of the Christian faith.

Midst

The meaning of “midst” is derived from Ezekiel 15:4 where the symbol of the piece of vine indicates that if the ends of the vine burn then the middle will ultimately also burn. Ezekiel 15:2-6 “What is the vine tree more than any other tree or than a branch which is among the trees….. (4) The fire devours both the ends of it, and the midst of it is burned…. (6) As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of Jerusalem.”

The word “midst” here indicates, firstly, the midpoint of a specific period of time - the midpoint of the final time. Whatever happens at the beginning or the end of that time will effect the middle time, therefore essentially the whole period. Therefore “All the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven” indicates that the “fowls” relate to the whole period of the end time. Is this why we are seeing constant recurrences of bird flu since 1997? Secondly, Ezekiel used this symbol in relation to Jerusalem; therefore I believe the use of the word “midst” here indicates that the final battle involves Jerusalem.

Midst of heaven

The words “midst of heaven” relates the final season. In Revelation the word “heaven” indicates the final period of time in Revelation. This meaning is derived from the words of Jeremiah 31:37 “If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out, I will also cast out all the seed of Israel for all that they have done.” This reference in which the word ”heaven” is used reveals that in the final time man’s knowledge would expand to the point that he can measure the universe. Through the words “the foundations of the earth searched out” reveals that in the final time Revelation will be understood for as I have shown in my books one can only understand Revelation if the word “foundations” as used in Revelation, chapter 21 is understood within the context of the entire Revelation. Once again there is the reference to Israel in Jeremiah and the confirmation that Armageddon will involve Israel.

The words “Gather unto the supper of the great God” reveal the coming together of God’s great and supreme purpose in the final time that includes the coming together of all that is revealed in Revelation and the final battle Armageddon.

The words that follow indicate the whole process of the transformation over centuries of the ruling of the nations from the rule of Christian kings to the rule of “mighty men”. (See also Rev 6:15, the opening of the sixth seal.) As I have often said on this website, I believe that Revelation centers on the deterioration of the unity of the Christian church and state that God set in place (the symbol of the rider on the white horse wearing the crown and carrying the bow) and the transition to the rule of man. The words that follow reveal the deaths in battle in that long time of transition of the ruling of the nations. Man would be misled by the forces of evil (the symbol of the beast in Revelation), and retribution would follow. There would be great battles and many would perish therefore the symbol of the “fowls” that “eat the flesh of”.

“That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.”

“Free and bond” reveal death particularly from 1860 and the time of the twentieth century. The words “small and great” reveal the death both physical and spiritual as a result of the deception of the beast in the very end time (see also Rev 20:12). In the process of transition through the centuries many people would perish.

“Eat the flesh of”

In relation to what has been said concerning a possible link of bird flu and swine flu in the symbolism of Rev 18:2, the repetition of the words “eat the flesh of” in Rev 19:18 is interesting for these words “eat flesh” also appear in Scripture in relation to the eating of swine. (Isaiah 65:4: “eat swine’s flesh” and 66:17”eating swine’s flesh”).

Eat swine’s flesh

The words “eat swine’s flesh” (Isaiah 65:4) and “eating swine’s flesh” in Isaiah 66:17 refer to people who do not keep to God’s directives. “Which eat swine’s flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels.” This is the same for those who are misled by the “beast “in the end time. Modern man has turned away from the faith.

Therefore it may be that Revelation is indicating that before Armageddon (and after) a form of bird flu that reassorts with swine flu may be a cause of human death. This does not necessarily mean a pandemic, but reveals this illness as a sign of the end time.

Armageddon will reveal the deception of the beast.

(Readers should take note of Rev 19:19 – 20 “And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.” This is a very important verse. The words “And I saw the beast and kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army” reveals that the final battle is going to have in it the will to destroy the Christian heritage.

The verse depicts the final battle that is in some way going to bring an end (“and the beast was taken”) to the false modern ideology that there is no God in control and that the earth has just evolved without God in control (“and with him the false prophet”). Revelation reveals that the false philosophy took hold of man through an anti-Christian force. Man came to believe that he is the free thinker and achiever who was not directed by a higher power and who could ultimately through his scientific knowledge understand all things and can solve all problems through his own expertise (“that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them”). Those who in the present time are convinced there is no God in control “that received the mark of the beast and worshipped his image”).

Is this going to be revealed through the appearance of bird flu before, during and after the time of Armageddon?

If the symbol of the “fowls” relates to the appearance of a mutation of bird flu in the end time, bird flu may also be a factor during Armageddon

Rev 19:21 “And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.”

The appearance of bird flu and swine flu at the present time; that time that we see other signs linked to the words of Revelation has prompted this post. The symbol of “bird” and “fowls” also reveals the image of the birds of prey that through history fed on carcasses after battle – and will feed too during the great battle. However with the knowledge that the words of Revelation hold great meaning through references of its words in Scripture I believe all possible meanings should be investigated.

God knows and has always known

It seems that the understanding of this symbolism in Revelation that relates to birds (and also to ‘swine’) once again reveals how God knew at the time of John’s vision on Patmos, even from the foundation of the earth how “knowledge shall be increased” (Dan 12:4). God knows that in the beginning of the twenty-first century man would understand the causes of bird flu and also its prevention.

As a thief

Readers should also take particular note of the fact that Jesus Christ said that the Return will be “as a thief”. Remember also that the end will come as in the time of Noah. Matt 24:38 “For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and knew not until the flood came and took them all away.” As I have said on this Forum, that these words imply that circumstances on earth will be relatively ‘normal’ in the final time. The disregard for the directives of Scripture and sinfulness that we see around us today has become the norm for many. The reason that I say this is because the symbolism of Revelation often appears terrifying, but in fact the message in the foreboding of the book lies rather in man’s turning away from God and falling into the pitfalls of sin, as well as possible damnation, than what is actually going to happen on earth in the final time. Revelation seems to stress the gradual decline or fall of man over centuries and rather the dreadful consequences of the accumulation of sinfulness in all facets of life in the end time rather than, possibly, the suffering of only the final generations of man on earth before the Return.

Because I believe that it was made known to me that we are living the end time and because we see a recurrence of forms of bird flu globally at this time, this post shows that Revelation possibly through the symbol of the “bird” and “fowls” reveals the appearance of a mutation of bird flu as a sign during an economic downturn in the end time (Rev 18:2) and a mutation related to “swine” may specifically manifest itself in the time before the final battle that is Armageddon and after (Rev 19:17-21).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]