The angels "holding the four winds of the earth" could relate to the "blocking events" of the jet streams in recent times

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on August 13, 2010 at 03:40:40:

The angels “holding the four winds of the earth” could relate to the “blocking events” of the jet streams in recent times.

In Revelation 7:1-3 it is said: “And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea nor on any tree. (2) And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea. (3) Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.”

In these three verses it should be noted that “angels” hold back the four winds. In Revelation “angels” indicate specific times in the course of the history of the past two thousand years and also specific time in the end time. As I have shown on this website there are twelve time measures that I believe we can specifically determine. In the end time, because the final season cannot be measured and is only known to God, one can only try to gauge time through the signs of the end.

These three verses, I believe, specifically make it known that in the end time global winds are for some reason going to be held back. These winds blow in the “four corners of the earth”, which I interpret as being in the east, west, north and south. The jet streams are fast flowing narrow air currents found in the atmosphere of some planets. The major jet streams on Earth are westerly winds flowing from west to east. Renowned for its influence on European and Asian weather, the jet stream flows between 7 and 12 kilometers above the ground. It is fast moving air that rushes around the globe from west to east. There are also polar jets. The northern hemisphere and the southern hemisphere have polar jets and subtropical jets. I therefore would think that the jet streams of the earth can be what is described in Revelation as “four winds” of “the four corners of the earth”.

Revelation specifically indicates that the holding back of the wind relates to the ‘hurting’ of the earth, the sea and trees”.

Therefore in the context of my understanding that we are living the final season it is significant that the raging wildfires in western Russia that have doubled average death rates in Moscow and rains over northern Pakistan that are surging south and have affected six million people - that seem to be two apparently disconnected events have a common cause. What is more they are also linked to the heat wave that killed more than 60 in Japan, the end of the warm spell in western Europe and the unusual weather in the USA and Canada last month.

According to meteorologists monitoring the atmosphere above the northern hemisphere it seems that UNUSUAL HOLDING PATTERNS IN THE JET STREAM ARE TO BLAME for these recent extreme weather catastrophes. These stationary patterns in the jet stream are called “blocking events”. They are the consequence of strong Rossby waves of air that push westward against the flow of the jet stream. As a result weather systems sat still, temperatures rocketed and rainfall reached extremes.

Pakistan fell victim to torrents of rain. The blocking event coincided with the summer monsoon, bringing down additional rain on the mountains to the north of the country. Over Russia the jet stream pulled a constant stream of hot air from Africa resulting in the heat wave that is responsible for the extensive drought and at least 800 wildfires. The same effect was probably responsible for the heat wave in Japan.

In June a similar pattern in the jet stream developed over the United States, allowing a high pressure system to sit over the eastern coast of the US. Meanwhile the Midwest was bombarded with cold air from the north.

Jet streams are caused by a combination of the planet’s rotation on its axis and atmospheric heating by solar radiation.

The causes of these blocking events are related to low solar activity. Blocking events have been unusually common over the last three years, causing severe floods in the UK and heat waves in Eastern Europe in 2007. Solar activity has been low throughout.

It seems that the extreme weather that man is experiencing on Earth at the present time can be related to changes occurring on the surface of the sun and the rotation of the Earth itself. I do not for one minute believe that anything drastic is going to happen because I believe the signs of the end are subtle. We should however take note of Mat 24:29 – 30. Before the definite sign of the Return of Jesus Christ we will be aware of some ‘changes’ in the forces governing our planet.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and shall the moon not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. (30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven “

The signs must be subtle for if these signs are to be drastic how can the Return be as a thief in the night?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]