Fall of the Great City

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Ben Curran on June 14, 2012 at 08:17:57:

Good Morning Dr Janson!
Those of us who believe that you are essentially correct in your analysis of what the Book of Revelation is saying, spend time studying the world for signs that the return of Jesus is near. Below is an opinion posted anonymously on www.zerohedge.com which I believe accurately defines the situation of the USA, Europe, UK and Japan today. The similarity to Revelation’s ‘Fall of the Great City of Babylon’ is, in my opinion, unmistakeable.
The ‘Solution’ is Collapse.
We’re like a sprawling family bickering over the inheritance: We’ll keep arguing over who deserves what until the inheritance is gone. That will trigger one final outburst of finger pointing, resentment and betrayal, and then we’ll go do something else to get by. The ‘solution’ is thus collapse. This model has been very effectively explored in “The Upside of Down: Catastrophe, Creativity and the renewal of Civilization” by Thomas Homer-Dixon.

The basic idea is that when the carrying costs of the society exceed its output, the whole contraption collapses. The political adjunct to this systemic implosion is that the productive people just stop supporting the status quo because it has become too burdensome. The calculus of self-interest shifts from supporting the bloated, marginal-return Status Quo, to abandoning it.

So the root problem is the system, human nature, blah blah blah. There are no ‘solutions’ that can fix these defaults. The ‘solution’ is collapse, as only collapse will force everyone to go do something more sustainable to get by.
The writer of the above analysis of the problem, elegant as it is, probably makes the assumption that after the collapse civilization will be rebuilt by men and women in the way that it has been rebuilt so many times before in history. But followers of this website like myself are betting that this time we are in for a WHOLE new paradigm of existence, which will be inaugurated by the return of the King of the Universe, our Lord and Master Jesus Christ!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]