The Plague and the Fall

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on March 29, 2020 at 02:32:28:

The Plague and the Fall

Because covid-19 is now a pandemic and the markets of the world are struggling, we should make an intensive study of Revelation chapter 18, and also the positions of the words “the great city” in other sections of Revelation, so that we can be prepared for what comes next.

It seems we have reached a time of judgement. The present plague is not the last, because another is mentioned in Rev 16:21. It seems there is still a period of grace and then a final fall.

The greatness of God.

Before we begin, understand this: At the end of the first century AD, John saw on the island of Patmos visions in the heavens. He was instructed to write down what he saw. Those visions that are related in the book Revelation, hold within their symbolism what would happen within the nations in the spread of the Faith to the ends of the earth in the following some two millennia. What is important to always remember, particularly in the times that we are living, where religion is no longer part of mainstream conversation: How great is God that He could do this and reveal it to us in the end time!

The Kingdom of God

Now God, whose purpose it is to prepare a kingdom for the faithful after death (The Lord’s prayer: Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy Kingdom come.) is revealing in 2020 what, I believe, is predicted in the book Revelation as the Fall of Babylon.

Be calmed

There is so much anxiety in the world at the present time, but those who fear God, I believe can now be calmed by knowing that God wishes mankind to know that He is all powerful. The present plague and the fall of the markets, as awful as it might now seem, is with the understanding of Revelation, the greatest sign that there is a God who has always been in control. He will protect those who believe.

Revelation 18 King James Version (KJV)
Rev 18:1-2 “And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.”

I believe “Babylon the great” to be the entire trading world in the twenty-first century. I say this because I experienced the Divine Intercession in 1996 and I believe we are seeing the signs of the end time. What has been described as the “beast coming up out of the sea” and “the beast coming up out of the earth” in Revelation has taken hold of the nations.

Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

When Babylon falls the time has come that God wishes to take His people out.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Take note. The repetition of the words “the great city” in Revelation 11:8. Where Revelation repeats the words “the great city” we can know it is augmenting and expanding the meaning of “the great city” and revealing the same time.

Revelation 11:7-9 King James Version (KJV)

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

“And their dead bodies shall lie in
the street of the great city”

Rev 11:8 is surely one of the most powerful verses in Revelation, and the most revealing. Those carrying the testimony of Jesus Christ, “my two witnesses” (Rev 11:3) “their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city”; the citizens of the great city would know about those that carried testimony, but ultimately no one in the great city would have regard and respect for their testimony, particularly the message of the Cross. Hence the image of the slain Lamb in an early chapter of Revelation (in Rev.5:6).

“the great city which is spiritually Sodom and Egypt where also our Lord was crucified”

The words “spiritually Sodom and Egypt” reveal what was going on in the great city before the “fall”. The thinking and belief (“spiritually”) of the people in the “great city” was as in Sodom and Egypt in the Old Testament. The world order was undermining and discarding the message of the Cross (“where also our Lord was crucified”).

Rev 11:9

(The time measure ‘’three days and a half’’ I believe is a time span that Revelation uses to indicate a millennium. Readers should refer to the explanation elsewhere on this website). It seems therefore that even since about the year 1000AD the nations were beginning to undermine the message of the cross. Revelation is in this understanding, I believe, also revealing that one cannot always know what God regards as the length of a “day”.)

The great city personified as a woman sitting on a scarlet coloured beast.

In Revelation, chapter 17:18 “And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth” the great city, is personified as the woman on a scarlet coloured beast. In chapter 18, Revelation reveals more about her.

Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

The word “cup’’ here refers to Holy Communion. The citizens of the nations have disregard for the forgiveness of sin through the blood of Christ.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Here Revelation reflects how secure the world seemed (“I sit as queen, I am no widow, I shall see no sorrow”) even though the testimony of Jesus Christ was being undermined.

Burning

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

We shall see later (through the repetition of the words “the great city”) that Revelation seems to confirm that the time of the fall of Babylon is also the time of global warming.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Revelation reveals it is a time of judgement.
11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

The repetition of “in one hour” (Rev.18:10;17 and 19)

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying: What city is like unto this great city!
19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Revelation repeats “in one hour” three times in Revelation 18. I believe this to be of significance. It may include the fall of the markets in 2008. It may include another to come.

The vengeance of God.

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

The repetition of words in Revelation

I believe the repetition of words in Revelation is of the greatest importance and can indicate taking place at the same time or about the same time. It also extends the meaning of what is taking place.

The seventh bowl of wrath

In this context note Revelation 16:17-19 that is in the section of the casting of the seventh bowl of wrath.
In this section the words “the great city” are repeated. It is confirmes that “the great city” includes “the cities of the nations”.

Revelation 16: 17-19 King James Version (KJV)

17 “And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and their came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying: It is done”.

At this point in time, there is no doubt in my mind that the word “air” in this verse indicates the present indications of global warming. February 2020 was the hottest month in recorded history. In the time of global warming the revelations of the Book Revelation will play out (“It Is done”).

18 “And there were voices, and thunders and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.”

A final fall

It is possible that the “great earthquake” of Revelation 11:13 is the same one as the one mentioned in Rev 16:18. There is a great earthquake coming. The final fall of Babylon is yet to come.

It seems that the repetition of the words “is fallen” in Rev 14:8 confirms this.

Revelation 14:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. The repetition “is fallen, is fallen” also appears in Rev 18:2.

Double

This second fall is likely indicated in the repetition of the word “double” in Revelation 18:6 “Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she has filled fill to her double.”

At last God seems to be revealing some chronology in the events of the end time. When the Return is to happen we will not know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]