Who was the Queen of the South that Jesus talked about?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by John on April 29, 2020 at 08:04:52:

Who was the Queen of the South that Jesus talked about?

From the Internet

When Jesus referred to the Queen of the South in Matthew 12:42 and Luke 11:31, He was actually talking about the Queen of Sheba. We read of the Queen of the South visiting the court of Solomon in 1 Kings 10:1, 3, 9. Jesus was contrasting the Queen’s actions with the actions of the religious leaders of His time. Though she was a pagan queen, she traveled a long distance to listen to Solomon and seek his wisdom whereas the religious leaders were unwilling to listen to the Son of God who came down from heaven to save them.

The Queen of the South

The Queen of Sheba sought the wisdom of Solomon for her many questions. As she had “heard about the fame of Solomon and his relationship to the LORD, [and] came to test Solomon with hard questions” (1 Kings 10:1). And God had granted Solomon the gift of wisdom (1 Kings 3:5–12), so “nothing was too hard for the king to explain to her” (1 Kings 10:3).

Solomon shared God’s Wisdom

Solomon gave helpful, intelligent answers, which directed the queen’s mind to the TRUE SOURCE of all wisdom and prosperity. After the Queen of Sheba had witnessed Solomon’s wisdom and works, she didn’t thank him only for the hospitality that he showed her but more importantly for the knowledge of God’s truth.

She said, “Blessed be the Lord your God, who delighted in you, setting you on the throne of Israel! Because the Lord has loved Israel forever, therefore He made you king, to do justice and righteousness” (1 kings 10:9).

Her visit led to her conversion and salvation. In gratitude to Solomon, the Queen of the south gave King Solomon gifts. And she returned to her own country blessed (1 Kings 10:13).

The Comparison with the Jewish Leaders

While the Queen of the south accepted the wisdom of Solomon with all eagerness, the religious leaders rejected Jesus who is the personification of all wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30) for He was indeed greater than Solomon (Matthew 12:42).

“42 The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, and now something greater than Solomon is here.”

For this, Jesus added that the Queen of the South will be saved whereas the religious leaders will be judged at the judgement day for their rebellion against God’s Son. (End of Internet quote)

Present Day

Some think that the author of the book “How Near Armageddon” is the present day “Queen of the South”. To come to this conclusion or to believe this, some questions have to be answered, by that person or reader (the some), believing it.

Or, one can just believe it blindly, without any investigations.

Or, one can just believe it, because some human being said it, and we believe it because we “know” them to be credible and knowledgeable.

Or, we want to believe it, because this is what we want, according to “our” beliefs. In other words it suits our purposes.

Or, our detailed and comprehensive investigations, proved it to be true, in some way.

What I’m trying to say, is that there are “many reasons” one can have, in believing something. And who really (any human) can DARE to say that we are right or wrong? MAYBE, God gave us that belief (insight)! And, then they would really have a serious problem, in my estimation!

But, that does not mean, that we should come to this website and NOT test everything with hard questions, just as the Queen of Sheba did with Solomon. “After the Queen of Sheba had WITNESSED Solomon’s wisdom and works, she didn’t thank him only for the hospitality that he showed her but more importantly for the knowledge of God’s truth”

How can we “know”

If we WITNESS “secret” things that are extremely difficult to predict, actually happening, how on earth is it possible to deny them! This is “one of many” approaches that one can use. Personally I like it.The Bible tells us to prove things. What better way is there, than actually “seeing” something that someone has said, actually happen? And, then acknowledging it. To be quite honest, I still have very few things to prove in the book “How Near Armageddon” and think most of the BIG questions have already been answered.

ESPECIALLY NOW, that I’ve “seen with my own eyes”, how quickly things can change and happen (“like a thief”).!
Some may think, that’s being like doubting Thomas, I really DO NOT mind. But they should just “know”, that JESUS CHOOSE him, to be one of His disciples. Perhaps, for that very reason!

This Corona virus has been a BIG wake up call for all of us, I think. It could be with us for some time yet, and I really wonder how we will survive it, on a human level. I’ll give an example, of what I mean, in a future post (soon).

What I write here, on this website, is my way of saying “Thank you” to the author for imparting “her knowledge and wisdom” of what God has revealed to her, of “Gods truth” to all of us (just as the Queen of Sheba did, when thanking Solomon). It’s also an acknowledgement, to those things that the author wrote about (and predicted), that “turned out to be true”.

Also, many thanks, to all those readers, who have been brave and positive enough, to contribute their own “insights” recently, and also over the many past years.
May God give you a “special” blessing!

In conclusion, may God, Bless and protect us all.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]