The time measure of "hour" in Revelation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on April 06, 2020 at 10:34:59:

The time measure of “hour” in Revelation

(Revelation finally reveals its message through the position of words and the repetition of words. Readers should therefore have the Book Revelation at hand, to see exactly where these references appear and how the repetition of the word “hour” brings greater understanding and revelation.)

24years

When God made it known to me on 22 August1996, that the loosening of the first four seals of the Scroll (in the book Revelation) are linked to four times in history, I understood that the verses of the book Revelation could be linked to history within a specific time frame. I knew then that we were nearing the end time. I opened this website in the year 2000, and I have since then tried to highlight what I believe are signs before the Return.

Loosening all bonds

It has therefore taken me about 24 years to understand what I believe Revelation wishes to convey. Its meaning has gradually been unfolding. To add to this, the final signs of Revelation have during that time started happening. I have also been in the difficult position of trying to reveal my insight to a world that has sought to loosen bonds with the traditional values of faith and turn away from belief in the Creator.

The great city

Since 1996 we have seen the city New York burning (2001). We have seen plagues such as SARS (identified 2003), H1N1(swine flu 2009), MERS from 2012 and Ebola from 2016; also, the fall of the world’s markets in 2008, and a recovery between 2008 and January 2020.

Was ‘the great city’ in Revelation already established in the time of the Great Depression?

The question now arises, was the above, already part of the fall of Babylon in Revelation or just the present global situation with Covid-19.

A study of the time measure of “hour” in Revelation may cast light on this.

About 24 years or 60 minutes

Those who have read my books and studied this website will know that in my understanding of Revelation, that I believe that an “hour” in Revelation can mean an hour as we know it, that is 60 minutes, or a time span of about 24 years.

In order for readers to understand this we have to look at all the verses where the word “hour” appears in Revelation.

One hour

The word “hour” appears in a number of verses. In the study of the book Revelation it seems that where the words “one hour” are used it relates to a period of 24 years.

How do I know that an “hour” can also be 24 years?

For this very lengthy explanation readers must read my understanding of Rev 17:10-13 in “Chapter 17, The Woman on the beast” in “Chapters” of How Near Armageddon elsewhere on this website.

“one hour” note: only when Revelation specifically uses the words “one hour” a time measure of 24 years is revealed.

“Receive power as kings one hour”

Rev 17:10-13

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Rev 17:12 “Receive power as kings one hour.” In this verse “hour” is about 24 years. This is explained in How Near Armageddon, chapter 17.

The letters to the seven churches (Rev 2 and 3)

In my understanding of the book Revelation the seven letters to the seven churches in Asia Minor in the time of John on Patmos indicate how God knew exactly what was happening in the churches of Asia Minor. Because of the references to the final hour before the Return in these letters, I believe, they are also a guide to all the churches that would be established after that time.

The seven letters indicate how God knows exactly what has and is taking place in the churches of the globe, how they are neglecting their true calling and how they will be punished for not keeping to the true faith.

Rev 3:3 “If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I shall come upon thee.”

This verse that comes from the letter to the congregation of Sardis where God warns that the church had not kept their works “perfect before God” (Rev 3:2). In the total understanding of Revelation that deals with the Revelation of the hand of the Trinity in the ruling of the nations, this verse has the meaning that if the churches do not “watch” they will not be aware of the events leading up to the Return.

As a thief

It should however be noted that the words “I will come on thee as a thief” (Rev 3:3) are only used once more in Revelation, that is Rev 16:15 “I come as a thief”. The final signs of the end are going to come very unexpectedly.

In the letter to the church in Philadelphia

“I will keep thee from the hour of temptation which shall come upon all the world”

Rev 3:10 “Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I will also keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.”

Therefore, it is indicated that in the end time there is going to be an “hour” of temptation that comes upon the “world”. I believe that in Rev 3:10 “the hour of temptation” is also the time that Satan is finally let loose on the earth in the end time.

“Half an hour” in the opening of the seventh seal

Rev 8:1 “And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.” The opening of the seventh seal is the time of the sounding of the seven trumpets. In my understanding the time of “half an hour” is therefore twelve years.

The time of great windstorms

Rev 9:15: “And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men”

In my understanding “an hour” in Rev 9:5 relates to the specific time of the final battle when God brings all the time measures of Revelation together. It also relates to the time of great windstorms (the “four angels” in Revelation release great windstorms that blow in the end time – see Rev 7:1-3) in the period before Armageddon. The blowing of Category 5 storms in recent years indicate that we are already in that time span.

“one hour”

At this point in time, the words “one hour” are of the greatest significance. I say this because these words are used in Rev 17:12 and chapter 18:10,17 and 19.

Revelation 17:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

It is from this verse that the time
of “one hour”, that is 24 years, could be established.

“In one hour is thy judgement come”
It seems that in 2020 we are entering
a time of judgement. I say this firstly because we have never seen a plague of such proportions, it is affecting the entire earth and the world economy. Secondly it has happened so suddenly; no one could have predicted it. Thirdly it is happening 24 years after the Divine Intercession. Thirdly because we are already seeing other signs of the end time.

Revelation 18:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:17-19 King James Version (KJV)

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Revelation 14:7 King James Version (KJV)

Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The “hour” of judgment is the time of judgment. It is not a time that can be measured.

God brings the time measures of Revelation together

Rev 11:13: “after three days and a half” The Rapture

Revelation 11:11-13 King James Version (KJV)

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

From these verses it seems that at about the time of the Rapture there is going to be a great earthquake.

The measure of “ one hour” in the Fall of Babylon.

Where are we therefore in the total understanding of Revelation

The fact that the present corona plague and the fall of the world markets have come about 24 years since the Divine Intercession that revealed the times of the loosening of the seals of the scroll, it seems to me that we are in the time of the Fall of Babylon. It may be the final fall. However, I cannot be sure. Only the coming signs will tell.

God is still bringing all the time measures of Revelation to a final point in time.

Rev 9:15: “And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men”. The nations, it seems, are still gathering to Armageddon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]