Discrepancies in your book

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by GDG on October 02, 2005 at 12:30:04:

Good day, I have 2 questions to ask of Mrs Elana Janson

i) One of the critical factors you base you measurement of time on is the 'generation.' You use the value of 72 years. The verse you cite is Isaiah 23:15 : 'At that time Tyre will be forgotten for seventy years, the span of a king's life.'

Please account for the reason you use 72 years as opposed to the prescribed 70 years, that is, if your interpretations are correct? Furthermore, why do you use the life span of a king as an accurate measurement of a generation.?

ii) At the end of Revelation, the author states that the very words stated throughout the book are critical. It further prescribes severe punishments for those who change these words. If these words are of such critical importance, why can we have faith in your use of the English KJV and NIV. Surely these translated versions have lost a lot of the meaning of the original Greek manuscripts. I for one have been taught that Greek is a very particular and descriptive language. For example, there are 14 types of love such as Godly love, erotic love, brotherly love and family love, each with their own distinct word. However, English only has the single word, love, to describe all these types. How do you account for this loss in translation?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]