Re: MOUNT ZION

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on March 05, 2019 at 09:49:58:

In Reply to: MOUNT ZION posted by Johann Cronje on March 02, 2019 at 03:53:40:

The words of the prophets

You say that your questions concerning the words of theprophets are not particularly related to the book Revelation, but the way I see them, they are. With insight into the book Revelation, the words of the prophets connect the messages of the God of the Old Testament, Yahweh, who is also God, the Father of the Trinity, to 2019 and the end time. Where the words of the prophets of the Old Testament appear in the book Revelation, they are prophecies of the end time and not only prophecies of past events.

Joel 2:31-32 New King James Version (NKJV)
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
32 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Shall be [a]saved.
For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
As the LORD has said,
Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

The concept in Joel 2:31 “the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood” reappears in Revelation 6:12: “And the sun became black as sackcloth of hair and the moon became as blood”

Revelation 6:12-17 King James Version (KJV)
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

From the above section we can know that eclipses of the sun and the moon are signs of the end time and the coming together of the prophecies of the Old and the New Testaments.

The eclipses will be at the time of meteor showers and meteors seen falling from the sky; a time when the crops are affected by the weather and strong winds blow. The book Revelation (“scroll”) would have been read (“scroll when it is rolled together”).

The time of fleeing

Revelation then indicates the time of fleeing and men will hide in the dens and the rocks of the mountains. It is the time that mankind will realise that the Lamb (the son of God, the Christ) is about to return in wrath.
It seems that there are going to be changes in the weather and the level of the sea (Rev 16:20) and that the inhabitants of the earth will have to flee to higher ground (“in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains”).
Jesus Christ on Judea in the last days

Matthew 24:15-17 King James Version (KJV)

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house:

Not a time to worry where you are

The end of days is a spiritual time. It is a time to consider whether you are a good person and a person who does good things. It is a time to speak to God and ask him to forgive your wrongdoing. Things are going to happen quickly (Rev 16:15 “behold I come as a thief”). I believe it is not going to help to run to a different country or travel into space because if your soul and spirit is going to be saved for eternity, it is going to happen where you are.

Mount Zion

The fortress Zion on mount Zion was taken by King David in ancient times (2 Samuel 5:7). The city of Jerusalem arose in that place and it is believed that the deliverance of Israel will happen on Mount Zion.

Revelation 14:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Revelation 14:1 confirms the unity of the Trinity in the time of the Return and Redemption.

Note the words “the hundred and forty-four thousand redeemed from the earth”.

The “hundred and forty-four thousand” is also mentioned in Rev 7:4.

Isaiah 59:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion,
to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,”
declares the LORD.

Revelation 14:1 confirms that the Redeemer will come (literally or spiritually) to Zion.

The daughter of Zion

Isaiah 1:8-9 New International Version (NIV)
8 Daughter Zion is left
like a shelter in a vineyard,
like a hut in a cucumber field,
like a city under siege.
9 Unless the LORD Almighty
had left us some survivors,
we would have become like Sodom,
we would have been like Gomorrah.

The personification of Jerusalem as “the daughter of Zion” indicates the vulnerability of the city and its inhabitants. The “shelter” and “hut” would be temporary structures for a watchman who would guard the vineyard or the crops from intruders and thieves. Jerusalem was left with true believers (“survivors”) and for that reason did not become corrupt. In other words, God has taken care of Jerusalem through the ages.

Zephaniah prophesises of the gathering of the nations and the wrath of God that are also mentioned in Revelation.

Zephaniah 3:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Isaiah 43:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
I believe one should distinguish between the time of the Old Covenant and the New Covenant.
God confirms his Son

At the baptism of Jesus Christ

Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The Lamb and the New Covenant

The image of the “Lamb” is used in Revelation to confirm the New Covenant that God declared with the coming of the Christ in approx. 4BC and His death on the Cross and Resurrection thirty-three years later.

Today

No longer would an animal be slaughtered and blood shed for the forgiveness of sins as under the Old Covenant. Jesus Christ the Son of the Father died on the cross, his blood was shed for all mankind for the forgiveness of sins. All that mankind had to do after that was to believe in God the Father, believe the meaning of the death on the cross of Jesus Christ, whose blood was shed for our sins, and believe that God sent the Holy Spirit to help mankind to have a Spiritual connection to the
Trinity today.

In the Trinity, God the Father, the “Lamb”, His Son and the Holy Spirit are one God.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]